X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Adam, don't you get GolTV?

Unfortunately in sub-20 quarterfinal play, USA lost to Austria in overtime, 2-1.

Copa America update:

Mexico takes third place by beating Uruguay, 3-1.

sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Hey Hector,
      thanks for the updates (although I was sad to heas about the US). I'm visiting my girlfriend's family in a VERY small town in Idaho and have little access to anything. I did see Chile's goal against Portugal in a sports bar, but we left before game's end.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

No problem my friend, that's what I'm here for...

More updates:

Sub-20 World Cup Quarterfinals results so far:

Austria 2, USA 1
        Czech Republic 1, Spain 1, they go to penalties, Czech Republic wins 4-3
        Chile 4, Nigeria 0

Last Quarterfinal game is scheduled to start in about an hour at 4:30 pm PST between Mexico and defending champion Argentina.

Copa America update:

Brazil is shocking Argentina 2-0, game is at 14 minutes of the second half right now.

Argentina is now getting spanked, 3-0.

Final score, Brazil 3, gauchos BIG FAT ZERO.

Copa America champions...Brazil.

1. Brazil
        2. Argentina
        3. Mexico
        4. Uruguay

Sub-20 Quarterfinal result:

Argentina 1, Mexico BIG FAT ZERO...AGAIN!!!

I don't want to hear lame excuses such as Mexico dominated from fellow beaners, that they had bad calls, that they hit the post several times, blah, blah, blah, the fact of the matter is that Mexico SUCKS, they always have, and they always will, they sucked in Copa America, and they sucked in the WC sub-20, and worst of all, they got WHIPPED twice by guess who, yes, that's correct, the friggin' Argies AGAIN, friggin' worthless ratones verdes (that's what the Mexican press calls the Mexican team, green mice, lol), Argentina is their master, I guess it's still the curse of Hernan Cortes, the beaners obviously have that inferiority-complex as the little indito, and the Argies as the conquering big bad Conquistadors, lol, sad but true.

Both Mexican teams had TWO chances and didn't do jack against Argentina, lets face it, the gauchos are superior, and they always will be, I can't say for sure if Mexico will EVER beat Argentina at anything significant, but if by some miracle they do, I'll be long dead.

RIP TRI, perhaps in another lifetime.

That was frustration talking...
        Last edited by Hector; Jul 15, '07, 9:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

Believe me Hector, when the U.S. lost to Austria, I was very upset.

I felt like we dominated the game and missed way too many good opportunities. Fortunately, I think the U.S. U-20 team is the best up and coming team the U.S. has ever seen. I'm not predicting a World Cup anytime soon but in my lifetime, I do believe the U.S. will win one. Having played soccer my entire life, the quality of players in the youth programs today are years ahead skillwise than we were growing up. They are developing soccer "Olympic" development programs for the best up and comers similar to other Olympic events that the U.S. has a strong interest in. You are seeing the better soccer players skipping college altogether and going to the MLS or overseas at the age of 16 or 17. I always have to keep in the back of my mind that Soccer has been played with vigor for about 200 years in Europe while the U.S. has only played maybe 50 or so years.

Some of my earlier age coaches never played and had to teach from a textbook. Now we have 2nd and 3rd generation coaches who grew up playing the game and can teach the game properly to our youth.

Argentina will win the World Cup in 2010. After watching Copa America and U-20 World Cup play, they are the best team in the world.

The U.S. women's team should win the upcoming women's World Cup. They are beating teams quite easily and will remain a premier world soccer powerhouse. There is a lot of focus on female soccer in the U.S. and there are lot of excellent up and comers.

Mexico is very good but like the U.S. has a long way to go. The Copa America and U-20 results are promising.

I predict that the best soccer will shift from Europe to Argentina/Brazil through the next decade. Hopefully, Mexico and the U.S. will also become powerhouses that will be respected by the world soccer community but they need to prove that they can beat the best consistently and not just be one hit wonders.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Since my wife's parents are from Argentina, and I was a Maradona fan before he became a fat bloated loudmouth cokehead, I like to see them do well. But I know better than to think Brasil can't beat any team in the world on any given day. I root for Argentina (and Colombia when they've teased me with their occasional flashes of talent during my lifetime), but when I want to watch GREAT soccer, I watch Brasil.

Its nice to see the US Women do so well, but its time for them to let the other teams catch up, in order for the game to be taken seriously in the rest of the world. As you can see from the photo below, Argentina has a great looking team (much better than the US team), but its hard to take them seriously.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

If they don't take them seriously, I will.

Ssssschwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎