X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Trek figures in the stores?

I've been following the UK toy fair news over the weekend and rumor has it that Diamond Select is making the EMCE figures available to mass outlet retailers over there, along with their other Trek (and other) products?

If they are doing it there, I'm betting the same is coming over here?!?!

Paul....anything you can add to clear this up?
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

DST and Toys R Us announced a deal this past December.. TRU will be carrying many DST products.. I think the jury is still out if EMCE's offerings will be included.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

So far our TRU has had the 2 packs of Kirk and Spock from TMP and from Amok Time from TOS. They also have single carded figures of Kirk and Spock from TOS. I have not seen the screaming Kirk yet. They also have the phaser from TOS as well.

If everything pictured on the back is sold at TRU it would be a pretty decent display. Is shows not only more waves of figures but EMCE figures, mini-mates and more playsets.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I haven't been to one in awhile but I wouldn't be surprised if they've showed up at Suncoast.

Comment

• Eric
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 11, 2008

I saw two Keepers on the rack at an FYE store in Albany, NY. Figures they were both of my least favorite character.

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

TRU in Canada has been carrying some of the Diamond figures for over a year now. A source of mine in the UK is telling me that Diamond is offerring the EMCE figures to ANY AND ALL retailers at the UK toy fair this past weekend....thats why I'm wondering/hoping this will be a case of monkey see/monkey do, and Diamond offers them to retailers in North America.

I dont know how, but Diamond isnt doing very well of late just serving the comics industry (hard to ponder when you realize they pretty much have a monopoly?)...This was the driving force behind Diamonds TRU partnership, and they are looking at moving into more mainstream retail distributing deals. Dont know if it will work or not, but if it means EMCE at Wal Mart, etc, I'm all for it!!!
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Maybe Diamond is doing poorly because the big comic publishers aren't doing so hot either?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• blastphemey
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by Eric
                I saw two Keepers on the rack at an FYE store in Albany, NY. Figures they were both of my least favorite character.
                same, except they have had all of the figures since kirk and kling.

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

I think its because the mass market toys suck eggs, and the lack of major retailers limits the choices too much. There is an infinitely greater variety of items available through Diamond, so they offer a way to differentiate, even if only on a small scale.

Comment

• GAFan
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 30, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    I haven't been to one in awhile but I wouldn't be surprised if they've showed up at Suncoast.
                    That's where I've seen them.
                    sigpic

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by swoyerjay
                      same, except they have had all of the figures since kirk and kling.
                      I have saw Kirk and Klingon at an FYE store recently.
                      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by GAFan
                        That's where I've seen them.
                        I could see these at Suncoast. They used to carry everything. Never failed, If i couldn't find a figure at KB, TRU, Wally world, Target , or KMart I'd be off to Suncoast or Spencer Gifts and BAM ! there it was.
                        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

Comic shops are Diamond's primary customer. Comic stores are like yarn stores -
                          they serve a very small segment of the population and you don't need a lot of
                          them. Comics and toys are impulse and luxury items. If you want to cut down
                          on your spending, that is usually what gets eliminated.

In the best of times, comic shops are hand to mouth, mom and pop operations.
                          I'm sure many of them are closing up across the country.

In order to stay viable, Diamond needs to expand its distribution into traditional
                          retailers. When the economy recovers, comic stores will re-open, but it will
                          still take a while.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍