Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

This is why I shop at Dr. Mego and Dr. Mego only.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
      This is why I shop at Dr. Mego and Dr. Mego only.

Now Why I understand this May be Your Opinion.
      I do not believe this comment has any merit or is needed in this thread.
      While I love Doc,.. & buy from him Religiously threw out the yrs, there are other custom shops out there that offer great Quality, Customer Service, & a timely Delivery of their Product . By writing something like this, imo one could be Knowingly, or Not Knowingly grouping all the other Custom Shops in this Particular Shops Acts . There are plenty of Shops out there that work thier Arse off to Deliver in a Timely Manner , Parts, packaging & Figures.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        While I love Doc,.. & buy from him Religiously threw out the yrs, there are other custom shops out there that offer great Quality, Customer Service, & a timely Delivery of their Product . By writing something like this, imo one could be Knowingly, or Not Knowingly grouping all the other Custom Shops in this Particular Shops Acts . There are plenty of Shops out there that work thier Arse off to Deliver in a Timely Manner , Parts, packaging & Figures.
        You are right. I personally have not shopped at any other place but Dr. Mego and CTVTs. I was just saying what I do personally. Not saying that no one else is to be trusted. I am sure there are other great people out there. I am thinking about expanding my store mego custom tastes.
        There is this one guy who makes really cool customs and has a Shazam head I really want.
        Last edited by Cosmicman; Feb 5, '09, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          Amen, brother. You, Austin, Laurie, Brian Leitner, Buk, and am sure there are others that don't come to mind right now are all very dependable sellers. Austin even shuts down from taking orders when he gets backed up. Cat shouldn't really view you guys all the same just because there is one or two undependable sellers out there.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, please don't lump the rest of us who sell custom products in the same category as Customslab
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

I hate to say this, but Wrath demon really has a good point. Doc Mego & CTVT are professional outfits and not entirely made to order.
              Even with everything that DOc M has going on, he bends over backwards to make certain a buyer knows what is going on.
              They are the creme of the crop. Beyond that you are on your own. Service might be INSANELY fast like Fred or Laurie, or it could be spotty. Sometimes very spotty. With Made to order, you are likely to run into situaitons like this all the time. Seeing all these names being touted about makes me cringe, because I currently have really extended orders with a few of the people you are stating as being the best of the bunch. Some of them check in, but it is a once every month or two check in. It should be noted that the sellers in general do not state before purchase that the transactions will go on for months. They often state a completely normal turnaround. This type of thing is something I have learned to deal with, but a newbie could be taken by surprise when his/her item doesn't arrive within the first 30 - 60 days.
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

I can vouch for blackKnight.I have ordered from him before and let me tell you his professionalism would rival the docs any day.His communication was excellent,shipping was fast and quality was top notch.I would not hesitate to order from him again.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• GUYx1
                  FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                  • Apr 20, 2005

Yes, Black knight has been good for me as well. -
                  Cheers,
                  Guyx1

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Cat shouldn't really view you guys all the same just because there is one or two undependable sellers out there.
                    Once again. I was just saying what I do personally. Not saying that no one else is to be trusted. I am sure there are other great people out there.
                    In fact, I have gotten from a lot of people on here for little things like heads and stuff like Dave MC, Starbuk and I forget who but I bought a elf head for my Namor awhile back.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Hi guys,
                      I never delbt with him before but i'm just wondering ...
                      If most of yous paid with paypal, you can get your money back, right ?

Same goes for money orders if you claim to the PO you never received your goods.
                      (hopefully you kept your reciepts)

Comment

• GUYx1
                        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                        • Apr 20, 2005

You can only get your money back after so long.
                        Just like trying to leave feedback on an auction won in October.

I mean I'm used to it, no big deal, but if the person decides to book, then you don't have a lotta options.
                        Which is why we trust each other...
                        Cheers,
                        Guyx1

Comment

• YANOULI
                          Part-Time Timelord
                          • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
                          Hi guys,
                          I never delbt with him before but i'm just wondering ...
                          If most of yous paid with paypal, you can get your money back, right ?

Same goes for money orders if you claim to the PO you never received your goods.
                          (hopefully you kept your reciepts)
                          Chances are, if he's closed everything down ( like his membership here and his custom forum ) then his Paypal account has gone the same way.
                          Also, you only have 45 days to make a claim, if some of the guys here have been waiting since september ( or longer ) then they won't be able to claim.

The annoying thing is i'm also out on a deal with " Other Dude " too, with no comm's since before christmas.
                          Last edited by YANOULI; Feb 5, '09, 2:31 PM.
                          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• D-McMEGO
                            • Oct 30, 2008

All I can add to this thread is-
                            I had gotten some resin parts from Customs lab when it first opened,other than a few of the head-sculpts being out of scale everything went fine.
                            It\'s really SAD that something like this has happened!
                            My sympathy to all those who got cheated.
                            Maybe those that still have some of his casts can offer them up to be RE-cast ?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

A LOT of his stuff was from DC Direct and Marvel Legends figures so recasting shouldn't be a problem if someone chooses to go that route...it's not as if he was offering exclusive/all-original head sculpts.
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• LOU
                                Museum FIN-atic
                                • Nov 20, 2003

This is so sad to read as I dealt with Russ extensively the last few years and had nothing but great experiences. What the heck is happening to this board here? Was every screwball and cheat trying to meet a quota or something this past year? Do yourselves a favor and make mental notes of who screwed you. The day will come where you will be face-to-face with these creeps and you can settle the score the old-fashioned way. No one who cheats anyone should get away with it...revenge is a dish best served cold.
                                I can't believe this is Russ we are talking about though...that is truly shocking as I always got my stuff within a week of paying from him, each and every time. I hope everyone gets what's rightfully theirs, either a refund or the items...and of course I hope there's nothing more serious going on behind the lines with Russ.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎