Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

I want the heads I ordered as well. Yes, I already bought clothes, fabric and paints to make the figures. I hope Russ does the right thing!
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by gman
      Why do I keep thinking Andgor?
      This is starting to sound like a fraud case.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Up until all of this, Russ' rep as a seller was outstanding. Just thought that should be pointed out. Until the last year I had never heard anything but high praise for his customer service.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Dave Mc
          Up until all of this, Russ' rep as a seller was outstanding. Just thought that should be pointed out. Until the last year I had never heard anything but high praise for his customer service.
          I think some of that may be due to the fact that some people with very large outstanding orders were afraid to say anything up to this point for fear of retaliation and NEVER receiving their orders. I know I've personally spoken to several who've had large oustanding orders for up to 2 years. Some have already spoken out on this thread...maybe the rest finally will as well.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

And to reiterate...here's a list of people that have geat & fast Customer service:

BlackKnight(Jason)Super FAST delivery, a high quality Resin Heads! The KING!!

BlackKryptonite(Fred)Great sourse for "bulked-up" Body Parts & Heads, LIGHTING FAST shipping!

Doc Mego(Paul Clark)NEVER waited long for a Doc Order,and GREAT quality Stuff(mostly China made)!!

Brian Leitner-High quality Megoesque Suits, great prices & short wait time(even though they're Hand made)!

Cast-A-Way-SUPER FAST service for Items that are in Stock!

The Toyroom(anthony)FANTASTC Cards & Bubbles, and Boxes! A+++++

Classic TV Toys...SUPER fast shipping!

If I've left anybody out...I'm sorry. Please chine in!

Dane
            Last edited by The Bat; Feb 4, '09, 8:28 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

Does anyone know him personally that they could give him a call and advise him to check in here? Is it possible that something could have happened to him that his communications would be knocked out like this?
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

The part I find most strange is...why did He delete His Mego Museum Account?
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                  The part I find most strange is...why did He delete His Mego Museum Account?
                  Not only his Museum account, but his Mego Central account, his customs message board, his Customslab e-mail address all gone within a matter of days...you do the math. Someone seems to be going out of his way to become incognito. I'm wondering if his PayPal account even exists at this point...can you file a claim against an account that's been deleted?
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by del
                    Does anyone know him personally that they could give him a call and advise him to check in here?
                    He KNOWS .
                    Nuff Said.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                      And to reiterate...here's a list of people that have geat & fast Customer service:

BlackKnight(Jason)Super FAST delivery, a high quality Resin Heads! The KING!!

BlackKryptonite(Fred)Great sourse for "bulked-up" Body Parts & Heads, LIGHTING FAST shipping!

Doc Mego(Paul Clark)NEVER waited long for a Doc Order,and GREAT quality Stuff(mostly China made)!!

Brian Leitner-High quality Megoesque Suits, great prices & short wait time(even though they're Hand made)!

Cast-A-Way-SUPER FAST service for Items that are in Stock!

The Toyroom(anthony)FANTASTC Cards & Bubbles, and Boxes! A+++++

Classic TV Toys...SUPER fast shipping!

If I've left anybody out...I'm sorry. Please chine in!

Dane
                      I stand behind all these folks, as well.

Austin at Reproheads is a really good guy in my experience. He does get behind some, but he has pretty good communication and like now, he shuts down when he needs to get caught up. I have always been happy with his product.
                      Laurie at Toy Fanatic, has always been Great to work with. Lots of less common heads - Monsters and many more. She is very nice and has excellent communication. The list of good guys far outweighs the no-so-good sellers.
                      Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Feb 4, '09, 10:06 AM.
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                        Formerly known as Del
                        • Dec 12, 2004

I know that this doesn't do anything to recoup the money you guys have lost, but does anyone have pictures of the heads he was offering? I know a lot of his stuff was basically hydrospanned, with a few tweaks here and there. Could someone like BK or Spiderrogue help make those heads available again? You guys know how to use that stuff, right? I've never ordered from Customslab, but it sounds like everyone might have to get together and start some kind of fraud complaint. In the meantime, I'm know there has to be a few members here who can help fill in those gaps.
                        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

It is indeed possible to replicate the Russ experience. We would just need to have someone ("Repro") the Marvel busts and statues. Perhaps they could be upsized a bit this time around, as Russ kept everything really tiny.

Sorry to reply a bit late on this, but yes everyone is for the most part really fast, BUT it helps if you are a constant member on the board. I listed FORMER MEGO collector on my avatar, because mego was something I did in the 1980's-1990's. Before the internet, when you had to spend $300 a month on phone bills overseas to try an locate stuff like zorro figures and new discoveries were paid for through huge amounts of legwork. (This is something which kinda fell to the wayside with net searching, but I swear we used to spend crazy $$$ for misinformation)
                          ANYWAY...
                          As My mego mass acquiring was pretty much something of my past, I have never been an active member here and that sometimes impairs the service level I get. Plus I never do things in a small way.
                          I am willing to let it go for as long as it takes.
                          I will only let MEGO people delay ebay wins for 3-4 months. If it is anyone else, I'd complain. I would never want a newbie to have false expectations. It takes time to do all this. and the thing I hear most is "What do you expect, I have a life". And so we all should.
                          So, throw the 2 - 4 week turnaround to the wind if need be, just don't disappear, or say you are sending things when you are swamped.
                          Austin is being completely honest with people and I applaud that.
                          I will wait as long as it takes. No Problemo.
                          As far as Russ goes, I blame myself, because I went into this "Project" per se with the best of intentions. In the fall of 2007 everyone told me to pist, but I did not want to lose my investment in all this. I got laid off and was given a severence check. My mind started working and I realized I had the time to create all the megos of my dreams and suddenly had the money to finance it. (It's not like I would be jobless for a year and have nothing to show for it!)
                          As my work was preparing to lay us off, on the last week I went from site to site making huge grocery lists - specially cast boots, resin heads, silk screened suit - custom made cape... etc. It snowballed immensely. Then I got my severence and I Literally spent over $2000 in one week between Russ, Austin, Brian, Joe, Doc M, Hulk & Ctvt.
                          I talked or emailed everyone. Later I added additional orders from everyone over the coming weeks. For the most part everyone were all a great bunch of troopers. Only I found my toys were all REALLY incomplete. Often headless.
                          As things were not showing up, I had to learn to fly by the seat of my pants and find other options. I have literally bought heads from 3 different sellers for ONE DOLL. Same goes for outfits. I don't like my sewing, but if I have to, I will break down and do a sucky sewing job if the suit I ordered isn't going to arrive. I always have several back up plans.
                          In the end I learned that throwing money at a problem will not fix it. I learned that when push comes to shove, the merchant often tries to please the most visible people at once, vs please that crazy guy who went nuts trying to order every bloody item on the website.
                          I would have done it on the customs lab site, had the orders not stopped arriving. Bless Austin's little heart for getting my stuff to me by Xmas last year. I know I ask for a lot, but if someone can do it in the end, that is all I care about. I can't wait for my order from Russ to arrive, so I can tell everyone what a stand up guy he is. Russ sent me my Moleman head on one of he last orders I received in the beginning of 2008, so I am happy with that until the rest arrives.
                          Last edited by GUYx1; Feb 4, '09, 10:35 AM.
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• YANOULI
                            Part-Time Timelord
                            • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            I'm wondering if his PayPal account even exists at this point...can you file a claim against an account that's been deleted?
                            I filed a complaint last night but it'll be 20 days before it will become a claim, even then i'm not hopeful about getting a refund if all means of communication are closed. my order was worth $60 and i'm not prepared to let it slide, i can't afford to.

I've never had problems ordering from Russ before, so this has all come as a big surprise to me.

I know there are plenty of other great sellers here but Russ offered heads that no one else had, which is why i bought from him.
                            Last edited by YANOULI; Feb 5, '09, 7:19 AM.
                            " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• bgrimm77
                              NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                              • Jan 4, 2009

Does anyone here know where I can get a Keaton Batman head...now that it seems that the one I ordered will never arrive.
                              WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• jacsfc
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 2, 2004

i'll make you a keaton head. i have one of russ' keaton heads. i will make a mold and cast one for you. send me a pm.

joe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎