X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Guess I'm the lucky one then. My last order took a while, but it did arrive
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

I have no doubt he's read this thread, and is well aware of the situation. My hope is that he will come thru for everyone who has ordered, and then decide what he wants to do.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^ If he's gotten rid of his website, email, message board and quit all the other boards he was on, I'd say you guys that he owes product to are screwed.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jerry68
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 12, 2008

Screwed and without a kiss!
          sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

This is why I only ever buy a max of two heads from anybody.Just in case something happens(IE...Divorce,loss of job,family illness,death....) Which is a real possibility these days.I'm only out like Twenty Bucks.It takes forever to do a bunch of customs but in my Exp it's a safer bet.Also my wife doesn't mind me spending a twenty here or there...LOL
            I'm sure he will come through for you guys.I know I have always gotten my stuff from him.If not then yes you have to protect yourself financially when it comes to deals.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

I always figured that he wasn't casting the swivel joints I ordered in 2007 because they were difficult to put together. I got MOST of my 2007 order except for a couple heads, some accessories, hands and a ton of those LJN swivel joints.

I wasn't intentionally trying to make a difficult order for Russand I feel rally bad if I made it too complicated to fill. I'm sure he's not going to just disappear.
              You'd think enough people around her know him that he will want to maintian all his friendships. It really shocked me though when he dumped the web forum, since so many of the people there were such a rabid fanbase.
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• marbkwds
                Da Bronx Mego Collector
                • May 10, 2005

I sent him over $100.00 . He announced that he was closing his doors but taking his business in another direction . I started my order back in October and kept adding a head here and another one here and just over week ago he sent me an e-mail stating that he was sending my order out the day after Martin Luther King day , That was a Tuesday 2 weeks ago and I haven't received anything yet so I tried e-mailing him and my e-mail was sent back , So when I came here to the boards I looked for him in the members list but can't find him there either so that's why I posted here asking if anyone knew another way to get in contact with him , I know that he has been around for a long time and just find it weird that he would screw anyone here over ........... I really hope that this is not the case ........... If anyone knows more or maybe receives there order from him please let me know ..... Thanks , Roy

Comment

• GUYx1
                  FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                  • Apr 20, 2005

Yes, I too added a head at a time, etc. Especially around the holiday mega sales.

For the most part all the Russ emails have been friendly unless I pushed his buttons about why my order wasn't being sent.
                  Most of his replies were 1 to 3 word replies, but eventually his emails sounded pretty hopeful.

Nov 30th
                  "yea guy thats fine just got back in town from a death in the family and its just now getting back to normal until christmas lol should have the rest of your stuff poured this week russ"

Dec 28th
                  "thanks yours is on top so should go out late this week"

Jan24th
                  "no bro just slow in my time i have for working if you haven't received them yet please resend me your addy and i can repour them this comming week and get them out to you, mail has been a big pain in my a** loseing stuff or showing up 6-9 weeks later but i will ship it late this coming week i'll toss in some exter stuff for you
                  russ "

I did resend my address to each location, but it was a little bit of a bummer when the methods of contact became shut down for some reason.
                  I am certainly hoping that these emails are something I can have faith in.
                  Has Anyone else had similar experiences.
                  Last edited by GUYx1; Feb 3, '09, 5:10 PM.
                  Cheers,
                  Guyx1

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    This is why I only ever buy a max of two heads from anybody.Just in case something happens(IE...Divorce,loss of job,family illness,death....) Which is a real possibility these days.I'm only out like Twenty Bucks.If not then yes you have to protect yourself financially when it comes to deals.
                    It is Truely Unfortunate & Upsets me that Anyone Has to think this way About Buying Custom Parts. It's Horrible that the Community as a Whole has Let this Crap go on For yrs Now,.. & Ultimately ,.. This IS where the Community is at Now..., being Held Hostage in a Mexican Stand Off,.. wondering "WHEN,.. OR IF" .

If someone Can not ship at a Considerable Time Frame,.. or Maintian an Extreme Level of Contact with a Buyer, until Delivery,.. That Said Person Has absolutly No Buissness Selling & Taking any Money From AnyBody.

This act seriously Makes anyone that Tries to sell something aready Looked upon, & Wondered about. This BS Makes the Entire Community Look Bad for Supporting this Nonsense & Allowing this BS to keep Continuing in our Community. How are we ever going to get New People in this ever so Dying Hobby,.. if this is some of the 1st Acts they see.

It's Horrible,.. Sad ... & pains me to see this BS,.. PERSON, AFTER PERSON, AFTER PERSON.

There are plenty of Stand up Shops in this Community,.. my Suggestions to any Newbie's out there reading any of this,.. is to Ask around..., people will set you in the right Direction.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Jerry68
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      It is Truely Unfortunate & Upsets me that Anyone Has to think this way About Buying Custom Parts. It's Horrible that the Community as a Whole has Let this Crap go on For yrs Now,.. & Ultimately ,.. This IS where the Community is at Now..., being Held Hostage in a Mexican Stand Off,.. wondering "WHEN,.. OR IF" .

If someone Can not ship at a Considerable Time Frame,.. or Maintian an Extreme Level of Contact with a Buyer, until Delivery,.. That Said Person Has absolutly No Buissness Selling & Taking any Money From AnyBody.

This act seriously Makes anyone that Tries to sell something aready Looked upon, & Wondered about. This BS Makes the Entire Community Look Bad for Supporting this Nonsense & Allowing this BS to keep Continuing in our Community. How are we ever going to get New People in this ever so Dying Hobby,.. if this is some of the 1st Acts they see.

It's Horrible,.. Sad ... & pains me to see this BS,.. PERSON, AFTER PERSON, AFTER PERSON.

There are plenty of Stand up Shops in this Community,.. my Suggestions to any Newbie's out there reading any of this,.. is to Ask around..., people will set you in the right Direction.
                      I agree 100%

I ordered my shipment from an email Russ sent out about buy 2 get 1 free. As you see I am out three heads and the money! I have had great service from Blacknight, Blackkryptonite, Reproheads, Castaway Toys and Dr. Mego!
                      This bothers me to the core because all we have is our word, our word is our bond! This person has caused grief to a number of people and has in all visual means run and hid with our money. I can only hope that his concious will eat at him until he either returns the money or ships the product!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

What went wrong........

I ordered my stuff back in September 08', and have yet to receive it. I'm the type of person that loves to pay the Customizer/seller superquick. But What can you do.... At least we have other customizers here that constantly communicate with the buyer to inform them of the projects progress....
                        Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 4, '09, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

The depressing thing is that I DID ask around. Sure everyone can beat up on Joe, but at least he started a thread about the issue and didn't pull his forum at the first sign of unrest with the masses. It was actually a Mego Museum member who suggested I buy a head for my Deadman from Russ (and despite all the slow orders, I did just that) because I WANT to trust him.
                          Who of us actually EXPECTS a 2 week turnaround when we order a custom head off of a website. We know how it works and we like the people. My expectations have been lowered to the point, that I am not expecting anything in return for at least a few months. Be they Custom items on a website, or Custom mego items on ebay. Excluding a handful of people, that's just the way it is.
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by GUYx1
                            My expectations have been lowered to the point, that I am not expecting anything in return for at least a few months. Be they Custom items on a website, or Custom mego items on ebay. Excluding a handful of people, that's just the way it is.
                            Well, hopefully, we, as a community, can do something to get this type of thinking turned around and restore your faith in the Mego customizing community as a whole.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• gman
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 4, 2002

Why do I keep thinking Andgor?
                              Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• marbkwds
                                Da Bronx Mego Collector
                                • May 10, 2005

The thing that kills me the most is that I really wanted the heads that I ordered , All of them were heads that no one else offers , I even have ordered some suits from Brian Leitner to accomadate some of those heads ........ I hope that Russ does the right thing , I am not giving up just yet ..... Roy

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎