• Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Don't lump me in with those guys!

Guy,

I have listened to you complain over the phone many times about
    Russ and Austin taking your money and not sending the product.

I told you to contact the post office about interstate mail fraud.
    If someone takes money from you for goods and does not deliver
    and uses the postal service to handle the transaction - that is
    interstate mail fraud. It goes across state lines. If the post
    office gets repeated complaints about these vendors, they will
    investigate.

I get every order out the door within 2-3 weeks - so don't lump
    my name in with those clowns. If you take someone's money
    for an item - either ship it or refund their money. Having to wait
    months, then chase after the seller is wrong.

We are all in the same boat. Russ could cast just the right head. It was like a muse that grabs you and inspires you to drop a ton of $$$ on parts from Doc M, Castaway toys, just the perfect packaging and then build just the right body - You have just assembled the perfect figure - only it is waiting for the head.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• GUYx1
      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
      • Apr 20, 2005

OMG,
      Paul, we've talked over the years and problems come and go. I am cool with Austin - No problems.
      Russ. - Not so cool, but oh well.
      If I can find the right two heads, then I can write him off my list and not think about him anymore.
      I do not wish to offend either Doc Mego or Reproheads. Austin has his act under control from what I understand. I am counting on you guys.
      My point was that as Collectors, we have just taken our "piecing together a mego" obsession to a new level. You can only complete megos for so many years before the Doc mego bodies and parts become the platform for an ever expanding mego universe of our own imaginations.
      You created the indestructible mego body. No shame in that.
      This means we will keep spending money using them to build our unique figures.
      Both DOC M and Austin are taking on the majority of the orders of the entire mego community. It's a heavy weight to carry, but you guys produce the medium we artists use to create what we create and both Doc M and Austin have taken steps to actually get everything out.
      Russ is just very quiet about whatever it is he is doing.

Paul, I am not lumping you in with any complaint, but
      you are an essential piece of the puzzle and I don't think anyone would say otherwise.
      I Certainly do not blame you in any way for my headless figures.
      They won't remain headless forever.
      Any delays cause me to RETHINK things and 9 times out of 10, I will redo things in a for more interesting way then the initial idea. Thanks to Russ I have an amazing collection of Armless LJN & bible figures.
      Never would have appreciated them nearly as much if I had not put in the big order for Swivel arms with Russ.
      It's my own fault for putting in big orders. (You have to admit I have been making my Doc M orders less complicated...)
      Eventually I'll learn to do my own casting and then I can stop adding to this thread entirely.
      Last edited by GUYx1; Apr 16, '09, 3:48 PM.
      Cheers,
      Guyx1

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Really a shame that the good doc decided to lump Austin in Russ, never EVER had a prob with Austin. He's even smart enough to shut the operation down if he gets backed up or has real life to deal with.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

Guy and everyone else who has called me to asked me if I could talk to (insert name)
          about his order -

If you put up with poor service, and don't use a public forum like this to
          voice your dissatisfaction, don't be surprised when it continues.

I don't order from Austin or Russ - and I can't "talk to them on your behalf".
          This is where you should be able to vent your grievances, after making a
          decent attempt to get satisfaction from the vendor himself.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
            Guy,

I have listened to you complain over the phone many times about
            Russ and Austin taking your money and not sending the product.

I told you to contact the post office about interstate mail fraud.
            If someone takes money from you for goods and does not deliver
            and uses the postal service to handle the transaction - that is
            interstate mail fraud. It goes across state lines. If the post
            office gets repeated complaints about these vendors, they will
            investigate.

I get every order out the door within 2-3 weeks - so don't lump
            my name in with those clowns. If you take someone's money
            for an item - either ship it or refund their money. Having to wait
            months, then chase after the seller is wrong.
            You are the one lumping Austin in with Russ, and Austin does not deserve that kind of treatment. I've never heard of anyone ever being out and out ripped off by him as Russ has done.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

Don't blame the Doc. Nobody is perfect. THe Doc MEgo orders go out to the letter within the time frame listed. THings tend to have a lot more wiggle room elsewhere. OH WELL.
              I have had many custom transactions go WAY beyond a month and beyond a year is not that uncommon for a special sewing job. The Doc Mego stuff always arrives exactly within the time stated. But seriously, everyone gets overwelmed from time to time. Austin has run into issues from time to time, but he has taken steps to rectify this in one way or another. It is ery decent of him to NOT be encouraging NEW orders when he knows he can't handle what is on his plate. Russ on the other hand had no problem taking on more orders even in December.
              I don't wanna rock the boat. Too many things to rock the boat over.
              I'm bummed about my trek chairs which won't get produvced.
              OH WELL. Stuff happens.
              Thankfully Doc M is reissuing the playset so I can buy several...
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎