X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Aquaman: Brave & The Bold look

My daughter caught Aquaman on that new show "The Brave & The Bold" with Batman and said to me, "How come my mego Aquaman looks stupid?"

I looked at the figure. The tiny head with the Mr. Spock ears and oven mitt gloves and I had to snicker. It is a classic to us but to her, he looks a little silly.

So, I hunted down a Aquaman mego costume off eBay. Picked up some smooth green flare gloves and a body from the one and only Dr. Mego and combined it with a more slick rezin head I resanded and touched up the paint work.

Thus you have a cheap and not so expensive Aquaman with his new look that appeared on the Brave and the Bold cartoon.

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

looks good, surprizing you found an origianl aquaman suit in that good condition.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by swoyerjay
      looks good, surprizing you found an origianl aquaman suit in that good condition.
      I think I am going to have to switch the suit to a mego body. For some reason, the Dr. Mego thighs and material is causing the original mego suit to stretch out to it's fullest on the hip stitches. It is making me uncomfortable. Especially an original mego Aquaman suit. I got three of them. One on an perfect looking original Aquaman loose figure, one on my daughter's new custom and the other one is in my mego clothes collection that is being unused at the moment. I will probably keep it around until I come across a naked Aquaman and buy it and put the suit on him and sell it.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Must be off a type 1 figure...The suits off the type ones dont fit the type 2 bodies very well....Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Superman, and Captain America being the worst offenders. For some reason I have never encountered a problem with the Spidey suits or the non shiny undies Batman suits???
        Matt made me a Aquaman suit a while ago with a metallic looking orange shirt that really looks great, and didnt break the bank. After seeing yours, I may have to retro fit him with a bearded custom head.....Cant have a "stupid" looking Aquaman running about!!
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Great job Cat, bet your daughter doesn't think this Aquaman looks stupid
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

He looks really good Cat, your customizing skills are getting better all the time.

Comment

• blastphemey
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 11, 2008

you could get a repro suit from brian leitner, i have one and it looks really good, the top is really bright and actually orange, the green is nice and bright. he even adds the fins.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎