X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

I could be wrong, but....

Originally posted by saildog
    Wasn't that Four-armed Grimace evil when the commercials first came out?
    I'm thinking the Grimace originally stole milkshakes. Maybe that's why he needed four hands....
    George

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I wonder if they'll make a figure of the green Grimace. I don't know his name, but our McDonald's here in town went through a remodel about 15 years ago, and they had this light fixture with several Mc-characters. In amongst Capt. Crook, Mayor McCheese and other characters they never use anymore was this green, Grimace-like character. I think he had lederhosen on. They've since remodeled twice, so that fixture is long gone, but I still remember that weird green Grimace.

Cool pick-up Grayhank!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• grayhank
        That Fisher Price Guy
        • Feb 9, 2007

The 4-Armed Grimace was actually being referred to as "Evil" Grimace by the guys from Huckleberry Toys. They probably didn't want the word evil on the package because McDonaldland is supposed to be all about "sunshine & flowers". So they simply labeled him Grimace 1971.
        Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• JDeRouen
          Author of Small Things
          • Jun 14, 2001

I was lucky enough to score a case (twelve) of these from Huckleberry Toys. I'm selling them for $34.95 on my site, but if anyone on here wants one I'll sell it for $29.95 (+ shipping,) which is about my cost once shipping from them to me was factored it. Just PM me instead of going through the store.

Thanks to Grayhank for letting me use his pics!

Own this domain today. We make your shopping experience easy. Friendly and quick customer service.

Joe
          --
          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I wonder if they'll make a figure of the green Grimace. I don't know his name, but our McDonald's here in town went through a remodel about 15 years ago, and they had this light fixture with several Mc-characters. In amongst Capt. Crook, Mayor McCheese and other characters they never use anymore was this green, Grimace-like character. I think he had lederhosen on. They've since remodeled twice, so that fixture is long gone, but I still remember that weird green Grimace.

Cool pick-up Grayhank!

Chris
            I remember the green Grimace from when he made yearly appearances in television advertisements for McDonald's Shamrock Shakes (available for about a month, around St Paddy's day).

I had forgotten his name, but just did a quick search and found it: Uncle O'Grimacey!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Just curious. McDonalds originally was sued over having these figures in their commercials in the 70's and actually lost the case (Makers of H.R. Puff n'Stuff claimed they were copying thier characters). Subsequently McDonalds had to pull them from television. Since these figures are being recreated does this mean all rights to the look now belong to McDonalds? Just curious. It would be cool to see all of these figures and the classic McDonald's land as we knew it from the 70's come back to television.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎