X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

The Cosmicman

I finally have brought one of my characters into MEGO form. His name is Cosmicman. I invented him almost a decade or so ago. With a little encouragement, I have started on a quest in bringing my characters to life in MEGO form.
    Ed (almightysufix) created this badass silk screen. I did the rest of the work putting him together. Ed is a good guy. He made my daughter a modern Wonder Woman outfit with the "WW" logo on her chest. Just PM him if you have an idea (no matter how crazy it is). If it can be silksreened, Ed can do it. He is a good guy and a skilled silkscreen suit maker and he sews the outfits up perfect with no errors. They look like they rolled off the Mego line back in 1976.

Cosmicman:

Birth Name: Cal'dor

Powers:

Super Tough Skin
    Anti-Gravity Flight
    Danger Sense:

Blending
    Limitation: Must remain motionless

Power Cosmic:

Force Beam (eyes)
    Energy Bolt (eyes)

Grappling Cosmic energy rings (from hands)

This is how Cosmicman looks in my current writing. Getting some of my characters copyrighted took me awhile and lots of money but I am glad I did it because I can show off my work on the Internet.

Cosmciman man last week when he visited Wisconsin.

The below temperatures did not bother the man that has almost indestructible skins and is immune to extreme climate changes.

If interested, I do have his secret origin story online for my friends who wanted to read some of my stuff.
    MySpace.com Blogs - The Secret origin of Cosmicman
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Jan 30, '09, 7:52 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

He looks Very Nice Wrath,.. just like your ArtWork too.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      He looks Very Nice Wrath,.. just like your ArtWork too.
      Hey! That means a lot coming from a great mego creator like you!!!

I still have plans for a BlackKnight/Cosmicman figure design. Now that I am happy with him on a traditional mego. The next step is Jason.
      Last edited by Cosmicman; Jan 30, '09, 7:07 PM.

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
        Career Member
        • May 13, 2007

Wicked cool custom and really involved origin/ongoing story for The Cosmicman.

You said that you created him about ten years ago, did you find yourself going back and re-writing his origin/story from time to time or is Cosmicman still the same as when you conceived him?

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor
          Wicked cool custom and really involved origin/ongoing story for The Cosmicman.

You said that you created him about ten years ago, did you find yourself going back and re-writing his origin/story from time to time or is Cosmicman still the same as when you conceived him?
          When I originally created him the origin was lame and almost too much like Supermans. Going back and "recreating" about four years ago and making him way different then Superman and moving him into his own original corner was quite the task. I am happy with the outcome now.

I wanted to make his origin powerful and entwined with his arch nemesis, Lord X. I am debating on doing a Lord X figure next.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Very cool Cat.

Here's what I like, you took one of your own creations and brought it to life in figure form. I gotta admit I'm really enjoying doing that myself. I hope you have started something and board members start putting up their own superhero creations. Qdogg has us covered in every other genre.

One small thing I think he's missing, and it's prpbably just me thinking this, is a chest emblem of some sort. Maybe a star symbol in yellow. I'm probably just being stupid. This is far and away my favorite work from you. I expect to see more stuff like this from you in the coming weeks and months.

Scott
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Random Axe

One small thing I think he's missing, and it's prpbably just me thinking this, is a chest emblem of some sort. Maybe a star symbol in yellow. I'm probably just being stupid. This is far and away my favorite work from you. I expect to see more stuff like this from you in the coming weeks and months.

Scott
              I thought that. In fact, when I originally created him he had a goofy logo and it just faded away through time. With this character, his real name is Cal'dor. The clothing he is wearing is the uniform from his home world. They usually dress in red, yellow and green type material.
              Have no chest insignia or logo, keeps him further away from the "Superman thing" that I wanted.

I really wish my custom mego abilties were as good as some of these guys on here. I would be pumping out more figures of my characters.

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                Career Member
                • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                I wanted to make his origin powerful and entwined with his arch nemesis, Lord X. I am debating on doing a Lord X figure next.

That sort of comic/sci-fi combat armor would be tricky to pull off, but since "good guys" are measured by their foes, you should take a shot at customizing Lord X.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Looks great Cat...go ahead and do Lord X

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor
                    That sort of comic/sci-fi combat armor would be tricky to pull off, but since "good guys" are measured by their foes, you should take a shot at customizing Lord X.
                    You are right! There are two options. I could make an Ironman type material looking armor or build up a mego body with scuptley and paint it with Aluminum paint and add a black fabric cloak and hood over a metallic painted skull head armor plate.

Lord X is sorta like Darth Vader meets Dr. Doom. Hard to capture this guy in a Mego figure but it would be indeed and interesting task.

Maybe I will attempt a Lord X without his armor first
                    Last edited by Cosmicman; Jan 30, '09, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

That armored version of that Lord guy looks suspiciously close to a certain Latverian doctor and marvel would probably not like him too much if you got to publication.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

That is just awesome Cat, looks just like the art work
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• M3G0M4V3R1CK
                          Hooked On Mego
                          • Jun 15, 2008

This Figure Came Out Awsome I Really Like That You Take The Time For Art Work Also
                          Good Buyer-Trader List ...

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Nice work, Sir. I enjoy your accompanying story lines as well.
                            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              That armored version of that Lord guy looks suspiciously close to a certain Latverian doctor and marvel would probably not like him too much if you got to publication.
                              Yes. You are right with that. I don't really consider myself an artist. I look at at a body and then I draw it. If you stick me in a room with just a pencil and paper, I can draw but they figures wouldn't look as good as me looking at body or something to draw from.
                              Since you brought that to my attention I am thinking about redesigning Lord X's armor. In more recent issues, I have been having Lord X appear without his armor (see picture) and doing stuff more sneaky (since in my universe he is currently a Russian leader)
                              My uncle reminds me a lot of how Lord X resemble that Latverrian Doctor a lot. If I am going to present Lord X professionally, it is time for a makeover.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎