X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

comic display ideas?

Can anybody give me any ideas on how to display old comics? I know I could have a couple framed and put up on the wall but I'm just looking for something a little bit more inventive and original.
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Why not take some of your favorite covers or panels, scan and expand into poster size? Then you could display your Megos and various hero guys in front of them.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Put them in those clear plastic one piece stand up frames and use them as backdrops behind your Megos or action figures.

Comment

• suspense39
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 16, 2008

I built a two level wall shelf 6 feet wide, the top part is 16" tall and 10" deep I keep all my action figures there, the bottom part is 1" taller than my comic books also 10" deep but the back of the shelf is set in at the bottom so that the comics sit upright at an angle that way you can see the covers but they are at a slight incline so they don't fall over they can stack about 25 to 30 per row for a total of nine rows across cover out. you can rotate them so you always have a different cover to look at.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I had the same problem until a couple of years ago I came across an old rotating comic rack stand at an old used book store. I also picked up a comic (magazine rack) rack that doesn't rotate but leans against a wall. Now I have plenty of room to display some of my favorites and paid less than $30 for both racks. Check with used office furniture stores, used book stores and such.

Comment

• goldenryan
            coy member
            • Jul 13, 2007

great post that is the one reason i'm not into collecting comic books because they don't display as well as toys.
            i would hang them on the wall though, that would look real cool. it worked well with my beatles albums .

Comment

• Evel KMego
              Museum Daredevil
              • Apr 26, 2006

Here's what I did. I put velcro strips along the top of one wall in my collectible room, 2 parralel strips about 8 inches apart. Then put strips on the back of your bagged and boarded comics and hang them up side by side. It looks really cool!

2 things - My velcro is on paneling,may damage painted walls upon removal and my room is kept dark to keep sunlight off of the comics(and figures). Also, I don't hang my higher end comics, just ones I like the artwork, but aren't too expensive!

Comment

• suspense39
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 16, 2008

i think i figured out how to post

Mego Talk

I hope this works

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

How about "J" channel vinyl siding on wood paneling. My cousins video store used to have that on the walls for displaying video tape boxes. I don't know how thing the "J" part gets....but it would be perfect for keeping the books upright.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎