Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Very impressive work and collection of customs!! Your a lucky man sir. I had a girlfriend once who was pretty handy at sewing. I asked her once if she could make a Mego sized outfit.....believe she married a plumber.

You and your wife should consider going into business with this! Us Trek hounds here at the museum are always looking for more outfits for our Trek customs!....Ok, ok...I'm always looking for more....
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• wyldpny
      Star Trek Mego Customizer
      • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by captact
      WOWWW!!! Im more than impressed!!!! Your wife ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Ray
      Thanks Ray

Yeah, I think she is pretty special too
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
      Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
      Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
        Very impressive work and collection of customs!! Your a lucky man sir.
        Thanks for the compliments

I had a girlfriend once who was pretty handy at sewing. I asked her once if she could make a Mego sized outfit.....believe she married a plumber.
        LOL too funny

You and your wife should consider going into business with this! Us Trek hounds here at the museum are always looking for more outfits for our Trek customs!....Ok, ok...I'm always looking for more....
        We are tossing a few up on eBay here and there to see if there is much of a demand, so we shall see.
        If you and/or anyone else on the forum is wanting any specific outfits you can always PM me and ask. She certainly loves the challenge and the fun of creating them
        Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

Here are a few I have been working on:

Looks like a weapons at ready stand off

And here is a few more sneak peak pics at what my wife has been up to.
          Outfit by my wife, with a Mego body and custom head by Brian Lietner:

Painting will be by me and the custom card by Anthony-toyroom

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

Is that Ruk you have under construction there?

" We are tossing a few up on eBay here and there to see if there is much of a demand, so we shall see.
            If you and/or anyone else on the forum is wanting any specific outfits you can always PM me and ask. She certainly loves the challenge and the fun of creating them."

Thanks. I, and I'm sure many others, will be in touch!!
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
              Is that Ruk you have under construction there?
              Yup I would say good guess but since my wife is really "nailing" these with getting them to look very screen accurate, they are obviously pretty easy to "guess" who they are. Even when all you get to see at first is pretty much just their outfit.

And the cool thing with Ruk here is that the pink material used on the show for Ruk's shirt dress (and so will be the same for the material my wife found) is the same material they used for Miri's dress...so making a Miri custom shouldn't be too far down the road.

Though this next picture is made up of mostly all original Mego's, except for the EMCE Chekov and custom redheaded Helms woman (ok, so my EMCE Sulu hadn't arrived yet), I just love this shot of them all posed on Scott's custom Dida deluxe bridge:

Though these bridge pictures don't have much to do with custom figures they do show just how great the green belly wrap shirt looks on Capt. Kirk
              Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 1:01 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Man, she's hitting one homerum after the other isn't she?

Good thing she isn't doing Batman 1966 customs or I'd have to marry her
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

i knew that was Lee meriwethers outfit! i just don't remember her character's name. WHAT A WIFE!! She truly is an incredible find. someone who not only knows your passions but then shares in it, and incredibly so at that! Keep these coming as i may ask for some soon myself. Oh and if she ever wants to jump over and make Doctor Who custom outfits just sign me up right now!
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                    Man, she's hitting one homerum after the other isn't she?

Good thing she isn't doing Batman 1966 customs or I'd have to marry her
                    She says she can probably create similar outfits for just about any character from any TV show-series or movies within reason.
                    She also said she is already happily married
                    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• wyldpny
                      • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by bobws
                      i knew that was Lee meriwethers outfit! i just don't remember her character's name.
                      That is Losira from "That Which Survives"

WHAT A WIFE!! She truly is an incredible find. someone who not only knows your passions but then shares in it, and incredibly so at that! Keep these coming as i may ask for some soon myself. Oh and if she ever wants to jump over and make Doctor Who custom outfits just sign me up right now!
                      Yup, she is pretty amazing

She said if your serious in wanting to have a few made, just send us links or pics of the characters/outfits and she can work up a sample for you.
                      We are assuming these are Mego scale.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by wyldpny
                        She says she can probably create similar outfits for just about any character from any TV show-series or movies within reason.
                        I just might take you up on that offer one day
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Here's an easy one I did some time ago, I'm sure you'll recognize him

And here are some Trek customs I did. I've got more, but this is an old pic

Comment

• wyldpny
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                            Here's an easy one I did some time ago, I'm sure you'll recognize him
                            Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.
                            Yup, he is the Capellan Maab, who by assassination became the new Teer. I can't tell in those pics, but did you make an accurate looking kligat?
                            You did an accurate custom of him. He looks great!
                            It's interesting that you posted pics of this specific character as we are actually creating a few characters from this episode right now including Maab, a few guards, Akaar and of course a pregnant Eleen

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

The Mugato looks way better than the one that EMCE put out (sorry Doc).

Excellent work on Maab. I always did like Joe Dante's work as an actor. To my mind, he didn't do enough when it came to movies.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• wyldpny
                                • Jan 29, 2008

The salt creature looks sweet as well.
                                I tried to make my Mugato as screen accurate as possible:

He does loose some of his look when he is squished inside the blister bubble though :(

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎