Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

That's Don Juan from the episode "Shore Leave".
    JediJaida

Comment

• wyldpny
      Star Trek Mego Customizer
      • Jan 29, 2008

Yup, that's Don Juan
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
      Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
      Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

Check out this custom Star Trek Mego figure of Zarabeth my wife created. Custom card by Anthony-toyroom:

Here is a screen shot from the episode to show what a great job my wife did on her whole outfit:
        Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:10 AM.
        Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Don Juan from "Shore Leave", eh? Can't remember that episode anymore, will have to look that one up. Tell your wife she does some outstanding work, she nailed Zarabeth.
          Do you keep any of your customs or do you sell 'em all or do you sell doubles?
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

I just read to her what you wrote about her nailing Zarabeth and she smiled and said to tell you thank you
            Selling depends on a few factors including having duplicates, the need for room and current financial situation, etc
            Lately it has been simply my wife with enjoying doing this and the want to try and create as accurately as possible quite a few of these great Trek "guest" characters or original crew variations. She loves the fashion and artistic part of it, with drawing detailed sketches and taking notes and then going to a few fabric stores trying to find the right material, trim, detailing and so forth to get them as screen accurate as possible. I have been keeping multiple folders on the computer desktop with screen shots of the those she is getting to or is currently working on. That way she can go to those for reference anytime she needs to. Once she's done and moves on to a different character, I have find load up the needed screen shots of that person and put them in a new folder and she is off once again creating the next custom. So with my wife cranking out some of the coolest Mego Trek customs right now, I am certainly building up quite a selection that's for sure.

I am currently working on a few characters of what many consider to be hard to find as a Mego style customs, Lt. M'Ress and Lt. Arex from the Animated series.
            My wife passed on making the three legged pants and three armed shirt for Arex so Brian Lietner stepped in for that one and a couple other outfits.
            Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 18, '09, 3:36 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

Mystery custom Trek Mego figure of the day.
              Who can identify this character:

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Either the episode about Yonada, or the one about the supercomputers that run a war, and people go into suicide booths.
                JediJaida

Comment

• wyldpny
                  • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Alberto Malnati
                  do anybody is doing some star trek deep space 9...i love that serie...Anyway great collection of customs!
                  Thanks. I am actually working on a few DS9 Mego custom figures right now
                  And a few TNG ones as well as you have obviously seen with the sneak peak of the custom Mego Picard.

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Either the episode about Yonada, or the one about the supercomputers that run a war, and people go into suicide booths.

My wife does pretty good work, huh?
                    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 18, '09, 8:40 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Like I said before, that's dead on
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Your wife is a genius!

Does she sew by hand or machine?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• sauce
                          Removed
                          • Jun 24, 2007

WOW! This is a great thread! (wink wink nudge nudge)

Comment

• wyldpny
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            Your wife is a genius!

Does she sew by hand or machine?
                            Due to the size of the clothing being on such a small scale she says she finds it easier to sew them by hand. She loves the attention to detail that these require. Of course some of them require more detail than others and that just makes her even more determined to get it as accurate as possible even down to what some may feel are really kind of obscure details.

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

WOWWW!!! Im more than impressed!!!! Your wife ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Ray

Comment

• wyldpny
                                • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                                WOW! This is a great thread! (wink wink nudge nudge)
                                ...thread... LOL

Here are a few more customs in process pics.
                                This pic is of her finishing up on her custom of Mr. Atoz:

Here she is working on some of her latest customs:

Here are some of the figures she is working on. Keep in mind that these are obviously not yet finished.

Some of these are now ready for hair and makeup LOL
                                And this is just a small sampling...
                                Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 19, '09, 9:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎