Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I REALLY like the ST:II outfits. Are those from the playmates figues and were they hard to cut down?
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• wyldpny
      Star Trek Mego Customizer
      • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
      I REALLY like the ST:II outfits. Are those from the playmates figues and were they hard to cut down?
      Thanks, they are still for sale. PM me if interested.
      Yes, they are from the playmates larger sized figures and my wife says they were a bit of a pain to scale down as the outfits are so intricate and detailed.
      She has said that she does not want to do anymore of "those" for awhile LOL
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
      Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
      Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by PCofmisfittoys
        your making a killing on the apollo set on ebay. seems like a great set to do more of..lol
        Yes, that set seems to be doing well. Anyone who has made customs like these before knows that they are quite time consuming and expensive to create and with rising eBay listing and ending fee's, PayPal fee's, etc added on to the cost of materials, figures, outfits, quality backer cards and so on, sadly you have to have them sell for a good amount to even start to show any real profit :(
        Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

I present, LT Uhura as seen in "Mirror Mirror"
          Red two piece outfit by my wife, Mirror universe logo on right chest by me, gold serpent-style arm band wrap by me, double ringed earrings by my wife and painted by me, gold trim on collar by me, gold belt by my wife, thigh high boots by my wife, with a DM knife accessory and custom card by Anthony (thetoyroom):
          Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 15, '09, 9:52 AM.

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

I present to you, Kirk as Kirok and his wife Miramanee as seen in "The Paradise Syndrome".
            Kirok outfit is a modified Mego Wild Bill Hickock? shirt and modifed Mego Buffalo Bill? pants outfit by my wife, indian trim detailing as well as stringed white animal skins on Kirok by my wife, belt by my wife and painted by me, with DM boots that have added fringe by my wife and face painting by me. Kirok head band by my wife and silver medallion on head piece by me.
            Miramanee brown outfit scratch built by my wife, head band by my wife with indian design pattern painting on head band by me, indian mocassins painted by me which came with the indian figure body I picked up off eBay. Head is a modified Uhura head with indian hair piece glued on taken from indian figure with hair strung down by my wife.
            Custom card by Anthony (thetoyroom):

Some close ups to see the intricate detail on these customs:

My wife did an outstanding job especially on Miramanee. I think a romantic dinner is in store for her tonight

Anthony's cards are great, front and back.
            Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

Here is a set of custom Mego Kirk and Scotty with dress uniforms.
              The Kirk outfit is a modified Playmates large figure shirt altered by my wife.
              Mr. Scott's outfit is all custom made by my wife:

Kirk's dress uniform was seen in a variety of episodes including "Court Martial", "Is There In Truth No beauty", "The Savage Curtain" and "Journey to Babel" and Mr. Scott wearing his Scottish style dress uniform was seen in "Is there in truth no beauty" and in "The Savage Curtain".
              A little anal trivia: Mr. Scott's socks were red in "The Savage Curtain" but were white in "Is there in truth..."

Here is screen shot from "The Savage Curtain":

Here is a close up of the completed outfit my wife Alayne created:

Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 26, '09, 5:46 AM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I'm really diggin' all of these variations....and it's fun creating these variant cards as well.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• wyldpny
                  • Jan 29, 2008

Mirror Mirror figures.
                  Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Lieutenant Marlena Moreau:

Kirk and Spock shirts by Brian Lietner, gold belts by me. Uhura and Marlena dress outfits, thigh high boots and belts by my wife.
                  Mr. Spock bearded head by Doc Mego.
                  Custom blister cards by toyroom.
                  Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 19, '09, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    I'm really diggin' all of these variations....and it's fun creating these variant cards as well.
                    You "da man" Anthony!
                    I'm certainly keeping you busy and on your toes with all of these various characters and their variations
                    And with my wife now pulling out my DVD sets and watching episodes and taking detailed notes then going to the fabric store and creating all of these awesome new outfits/characters, it has been interesting to say the least that's for sure.

Who is Trek geeky enough to recognize who this custom Mego figure represents:

Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• wyldpny
                      • Jan 29, 2008

Or how about this figure. Who can guess who this is:

And this one:

My wife says she loved to create this guy. I think she really outdid herself with him.
                      The head and paints are by me.
                      She said she can't wait to see how great he looks on his toyroom custom card that should be arriving any day now to our mailbox
                      Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

The last one is Roger C. Carmell as Harry Mudd, that female custom is one of Mudd's Women.
                        Don't recognize the knight tho, can't be Trelane
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• sauce
                          Removed
                          • Jun 24, 2007

wow! this is a lot of fun to watch. your wife is quite the secret weapon!

Comment

• wyldpny
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                            The last one is Roger C. Carmell as Harry Mudd, that female custom is one of Mudd's Women.
                            Don't recognize the knight tho, can't be Trelane
                            Yeah, I think the Harry Mudd one is a pretty easy one to recognize especially since my wife did such a great job on him
                            The Mudds Women character is more obscure so that's pretty cool that you guessed that one. Her name is Magda
                            The red outfitted figure "knight" as you call him is actually not a knight but a famous dashing character known for his ability to romance any women he desires who tries to have his "way" with one of the female Enterprise crew members.

And speaking of Trelane....among quite a few other customs we are working on one of him as well.
                            Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 16, '09, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
                              • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                              wow! this is a lot of fun to watch. your wife is quite the secret weapon!
                              Thanks, she is amazing
                              She has a growing list of Trek figures she is shopping for material and trim to start to create so I can't wait to see what Star Trek characters she comes up with next.
                              Anthony, you had better be standing by ready for another order

Comment

• wyldpny
                                • Jan 29, 2008

Here's is Kirk in his Starfleet dress uniform on his "toyroom" blister card:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎