• Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Some close ups

Background images of planet landscape by MegoScott

I guess you just can't have enough Kirk variations

Custom blister card by Anthony Durso (toyroom)

Stand alone "Transporter" Dida playset by MegoScott

Reworked 9" Playmates Environmental figure suits onto 8" Mego Trek figures.
    Background images of Transporter room by MegoScott
    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:42 AM.
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Steve,
      Those look fantastic!
      It's all good!

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Those spacesuits are fantastic! How did you pull off the helmets?
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

The helmets are a Playmates family recipe secret LOL
          Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 20, '09, 12:43 AM.
          Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

Here are the custom figures done, carded and ready for sale:

Apollo looks awesome. My wife did such a great job of getting his outfit to look very screen accurate right down to helping me with the laced up the leg sandals look and head wreath.
            The Amok Time customs are by me with a little help again by my wife. The Vulcan Lirpa weapons are totally custom by me.

Custom cards once again by toyroom
            Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 19, '09, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

Mugato's fur "outfit" is created from a stuffed toy we picked up at a discount store. My wife did a great job of creating the fur outfit over a Mego figure. I used scupling clay to create the hands and feet. Mugato head is a DM head. Paints by me.

Custom card by toyroom

The "reverse" Cheron outfit is by B. Lietner
              Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 19, '09, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

WOW Steve!!!! Didnt see those the last time I visited,..they are sooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!! And the cards are to die for!!! Love those customs!!!
                Ray

Comment

• Al Barrett
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 16, 2008

Agreed...EMCE should look at these for their future releases,Awsome indeed!

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Thanks to Paul "Doc Mego" Clarke and his wonderful EMCE retro figures I now have a Chekov to finish the Tholian Web Environmental space suits custom set
                    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 19, '09, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Tothiro
                      Kitten Mittens
                      • Aug 28, 2008

Awesome sauce.
                      I have to ask what fabric type (IE where can I buy some?) are you using for the Yeoman blue and gold dresses? They're fantastic.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Even more cool stuff. And what a shame you have to sell it all. These are the ones I've been seeing on eBay the last couple of weeks, no?
                        And thanks for that Joan Collins pic, I wanted to see if a Playmates head would fit a Mego body. Looks just a tad too big to me tho. Will need to shrink the head for what I have in mind
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
                          • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Tothiro
                          Awesome sauce.
                          I have to ask what fabric type (IE where can I buy some?) are you using for the Yeoman blue and gold dresses? They're fantastic.
                          Those particular dresses are actually made by Brian Lietner.
                          His work is exceptional! And Anthony's (The Toy Room) cards are amazing!

My wife just surprised me when I got home today, as she watched the "All our Yesterdays" episode today to help her in making another Zarabeth outfit. While watching that episode she said she suddenly decided to make a Mr. Atoz. She went to the fabric store and picked up what she needed and then proceeded to make the entire outfit from scratch. Then she found a Boss Hog body I had in my body parts box, finished the outfit to fit it, painted his hair and eyebrows, added a mini circle mirror for an atavacron disc that he is holding in one hand, found a set of correct shaped shoes from another parts box that got painted with the white stripe on the bottom and whala! One custom Mr. Atoz:

And here I am trying to make money not spend it...I guess I now have to order a Mr. Atoz card from Anthony LOL

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Those carded Trek II figures make me want to cry! Why oh why couldnt Mego have lived long enough to do this!!!
                            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by wyldpny
                              Those particular dresses are actually made by Brian Lietner.
                              His work is exceptional! And Anthony's (The Toy Room) cards are amazing!

My wife just surprised me when I got home today, as she watched the "All our Yesterdays" episode today to help her in making another Zarabeth outfit. While watching that episode she said she suddenly decided to make a Mr. Atoz. She went to the fabric store and picked up what she needed and then proceeded to make the entire outfit from scratch. Then she found a Boss Hog body I had in my body parts box, finished the outfit to fit it, painted his hair and eyebrows, added a mini circle mirror for an atavacron disc that he is holding in one hand, found a set of correct shaped shoes from another parts box that got painted with the white stripe on the bottom and whala! One custom Mr. Atoz:

And here I am trying to make money not spend it...I guess I now have to order a Mr. Atoz card from Anthony LOL

For those that don't know this is Mr. Atoz

Tell your wife congrats from me, she did a great job on his suit
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
                                • Jan 29, 2008

Thanks for the compliments. My wife thinks that is pretty cool!
                                Here is good pic showing his shoes:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎