Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

I think darkening Johnny's eyebrows and lashes would help immensely.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

This is bizarre. I have really enjoyed the Spiderman signature Series figures, but somewhere along the way Hasbro has derailed into utter nonsense. Let's examine Hasbro's inability to see the obvious - First, remember when Hasbro rereleased the Signature Spiderman figure (with slightly altered costume and comic) and decided to bump up the price to $19.99? It didn't go over and the price quickly was readjusted to $14.99 and they sold again (as did the Punisher). Hasbro did ultimately pay for that though because many collectors sat on the price until Target dropped them to half of that and even once more down to a mere $4.50. Something to learn there? Apparently not.

Amidst speculation that yet another line of new figures could be hitting shelves soon to, perhaps, tie in with the new Spidey film or FF film, collectors are treated to...(drum roll)... Cyclops...? Oooookay. One figure unrelated to any heroes currently hitting the big screen and even WORSE, it's priced at an incredibly stupid...$19.99. Results? Lots of shelf dust. Does Hasbro adjust? No. The figure sits, and sits, and sits. Recently it was just adjusted to $14.99and sits, and sits, and sits. Lessons unlearned fellas.

Now comes news of the Sandman. Pics galore in his box and news he'll be hitting shelves shortly...That was May. Today is July 4th. Where is he? There has been one for sell on Ebay and that is from New Jersey. So I'm still waiting on that one while the Cyclops figure collects enough dust to become an antique.

Now we have a film related product from the Fantastic Four, but it's not four... it's just two. Reed and Johnny (did someone say Torch? I don't see any Torch, exept in his hands...). And when do these come out? Perhaps the same time Sandman will hit the shelves? Price? I guess the very 'successful' $19.99 tag which can assure these figures will offer Cyclops some company until Christmas. I just don't get it.
      Release a new series guys!!! How about ALL of the Fantastic Four too? What kid wants to have an adventure with the Fantastic Two? And just in case the lousy sales of Cyclops hasn't been a WAKE UP CALL? Don't price these next misfits $19.99!! Because they will surely suffer the same fate Cyclops has and most likely Sandman...collector oblivion.

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

That Johnny head reminds me of a character from some tv show but I can't remember which. I'm thinking he was a bully, but I could be wrong. Might be good for custom characters. Reed also reminds me of someone I can't remember. My brain is malfunctioning tonight. I better reboot it.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

My son will love Johnny but I know him he would've wanted him completely flamed on....Reed's head sculpt is bad and his arms all streched out will be fun for about five minutes...Geesh not putting out Ben and Sue come on now it's the Fantastic four....how hard would it have been to put out all four the Silver Surfer and Doom...

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Johnny's pretty awful, but I'll get them both for my kids.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I HATE the Head Sculpt's on both of Them...HORRIBLE!! I do think Mr.F's Arm's look kinda neat. But I won't be wasting My Money on these piece's of CRAP!
              sigpic

Comment

• garagesale
                Dept. of Mego Studies
                • Aug 8, 2006

An FC Mr. Fantastic (suit/body) combined w/ a DC9 Aquaman head would make a great Johnny IMO.

I'm going to pass on this one and make my own FC custom Torch.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• DocDrako
                  Formerly Doc Drako
                  • Nov 11, 2004

If they did a decent Ben Grimm, I'd buy him for sure. Especially if they did a new original body for him instead of putting a Thing-like jumpsuit over a standard male body.

And I agree that they should have done all four plus Doom and Silver Surfer.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• cricketts99
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 20, 2007

Signature Reed and Torch

Personally I am looking forward to these as I was never able to get the FC versions and was never a fan of Reed's head being the Peter Parker head with the eyes shifted.

I too would love a "rocky" looking figure of Ben Grimm as opposed to the Mego version. I would even settle for a Thing in the Icon line if it was done well!

I just hope these make retail, since it has been implied the line will not continue.

Chuckster

Comment

• The Sentry
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 3, 2007

I three would like to see all 4 (even though Reed and Johnny look terrible IMO) plus Norrin and Vic. I think that would flagship the series. But gotta squeeze every penny out and make it hard for collectors! Well, they haven't done a Hulk and until they do it wont see my money, I've seen a dozen Caps, loved every one,but I said I won't get involved with the series unless the include Hulk, plain and Simple. *sighs*

Never fails, Hulk is the underdog in this world where he's one of the baddest in his.

I mean Punisher gets one, Iron Spiderman got one for Pete's sake!

I get ticked eveytime I see a new one that isn't Hulk.
                      Last edited by The Sentry; Jul 9, '07, 3:08 AM.
                      sigpic
                      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

If anyone at Hasbro had any brains they could approach the Torch like this:

Flame-On Torch with flame art on the costume, yes like Mego did it, to simulate the flames. Alternate is Johnny Storm in his blue FF outfit.

Now you have 2 figures instead of one. However if you alter the costumes slightly you have:

Original Flame-On Human Torch Andriod of WWII, ( with a slight difference in color and paint job on the costume ), and Secret Identity Human Torch of WWII.

Then if they really showed a little inventiveness:

Human Torch 2-pack. Torch vs. Torch with free comic book, (reprinting the Torch vs. Torch storyline from Giant Size FF).

And if you take it one step further:

Short-packed Torches in variant costumes. Johnny in the FF 80's redesign costume by John Byrne and the rarely seen Johnnny in red FF outfit.

I am just an average joe with some college education and I have just outlined an exciting marketing plan for only one character that would please many fans and kids alike. A strategy the likes of which no toy mogul would ever dream of. How do thse guys get hired and I just get to sit on the sidelines? Nepotism-it has to be!?!?!?!

Comment

• cricketts99
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 20, 2007

Just came from Target where Cyclops was reduced to $9.99. Hopefully with the reset to happen within the next few weeks, Reed and Johnny will show up!

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

If it's anything like the Target here it'll be $3.98 in a week to 10 days. Save your receipts. I did that with the Spidey line and ended up getting 3 times the figures for the same money about a week after I bought one of each. Then I returned the first purchase for a full refund.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎