X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1977 Fisher Price Toy Catalog

I'm not sure any company could represent Christmas in the 70's more to me than Fisher Price, seeing as a lot of their offerings were larger play sets, it was the one given each and every year growing up, under the tree, there would be a Fisher Price toy of some kind.

Honestly I think I have a picture like this for each Christmas in the 70s, so yeah, I'm kind of passionate about Fisher Price.

1977 was a fantastic year, not only did they have the Sesame Street License, FP still carried a lot of the classic Little People and Adventure People sets from earlier on. So if you were a kid in the 70s I can't imagine that you didn't have at least one toy from this classic catalog.

Check out the 1977 Fisher Price Toy Catalog Here

Also of interest

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

I Loved the Adventure People when I was Younger
    Sammy

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

My sister and I had a ton of the Little People. We had the garage & the house & the school and the airport and the barn, Still have the yellow bus and a few people. Probably had someothers I am forgetting too.
      We loved them. When we would play with them we'd say, "want to play peoples?" We called them peoples.
      Those things were made so well that I used to find them at yard sales all the time and buy them for my kids and they were nearly indestructible.
      My Mom bought that Sesame Street set for my son when he was a wee boy in the early 90's but they changed it from the one in the pic. The figures didnt have those 'thread-spool' little people bodies anymore. They were three-dimensional full figures with bodies & feet, etc. All one piece if I remember.
      I think it's still in her closet or basement. was barely played with. it stayed at her house.
      I remember when I was really little, I had the wooden bodied little people and there was one that was my favorite and he was a small boy that had a plastic sauce pot on his head for a hat. I have no idea why I remember that. I think he had a green body and a red hat.
      Rich
      Last edited by kryptosmaster; Dec 19, '08, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I inherited the Little People school from my sister and we both got lots of play out of it. I think she has it now. I graduated to Megos really young, so I didn't have too many more FP toys, but I do recall them. As I've told many times before, my wife found this version of the castle and the village (which I didn't know what to call until now) discarded along the street a few years back. My son STILL plays with that castle. It's safe to say that catalog contains some of the best toys ever made.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

For whatever reason, I didn't own hardly any FP stuff. In fact, I had all of 3. An Elizabeth lapsitter doll, a "radio" music box that played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and a baby Roly Poly Merry Go Round. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know any kids in my neighborhood (just outside Harlem) that owned any FP little people or any of that. In fact the first time I saw those was when I was about 6, at my dad's boss's house. His 2 daughters had a few sets. And the way a child's mind works, I thought these were toys only white kids owned. (not a racial statement, just an observation of a kid.)
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

While I currently own very few FP toys as a collector, I have to say that Fisher Price Little People and Adventure People hold a special place in my heart that's the equal of my love for Mego. I too have some great memories of getting these toys at Christmastime. My grandparents were usually the ones who bought them for me, as I recall. The Little People garage (#930) was/is one of my favorite toys of all time. I played with that one so ridiculously much. The castle and the A-frame house were two more of my absolute favorites. The castle lasted quite a while, getting play value with my Star Wars and small G.I. Joe figures as well. My best friend lived three doors down from me, but he was 2 years younger than I, and he had a bunch of other Little People playsets, so I wound up playing with them well past preschool/kindergarten.

Adventure People were GREAT for outdoor play. I loved that they had toys made for almost every situation.....going to the beach, playing in the rock garden, playing in the pool, etc. There was always a perfect playset to utilise for each situation. I always integrated them into my playtime with Star Wars and G.I. Joe as well. Loads of great memories playing with them.

Money hasn't permitted me to really delve into the collecting end much, but I do still daydream about someday having a nice big collection of Fisher Price toys.

Thanks for posting that catalog, the timing is perfect as the holidays have really made me nostalgic for these lately.

And man, that pic of the large Adventure People display has me drooling right about now....

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

awesome,I loved the Adventure people
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

I think that other than Mego's, Kenner figures and later Hasbro's GI Joes, I for the most part had Fisher Price toys. They never wore out.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I loved the Adventure People--the Sci-Fi ones were great.

(And my little sister had the complete Sesame Street, which was fun, too.)
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• action-figures.ca
                    • Apr 7, 2008

Oooh, I had the Oscar with the pump and the Seasame Stret Clubhouse, Ebayed them off years ago. My sister had the Sesame Street set (its still in my parents attic)

Comment

• MysteryWho
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2008

Wow, a lot of great stuff came out that year!
                      I had some of it, as did several other kids on the street.
                      I was always jealous of this kid's sea explorer.
                      But I gotta hand it to him. He really took care of it.
                      He had it long after I would have wrecked it.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                        Supporter of Silliness
                        • Jun 20, 2007

Adventure People were the best. My brothers and I still have ll our figures over at my parents' house. The best thing about these bad boys is that they're timeless. Even our own kids now love playing with them. I'm constantly trolling evilbay for a couple more of my favorites.

Comment

• BaronSat
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Sep 17, 2007

Great scans, thanks!

I love the Adventure People as much as when I was a kid possibly because I had just one set! Now I have more, used and loose but still going strong. Like this one I bought recenlty:

Custom models :
                          www.baronsat.net

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by vulcan2074
                            I Loved the Adventure People when I was Younger
                            Sammy
                            Me too.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST