X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

My b-day present: 7 carded 1982 GI Joe

1982 SEALED ON CARD LOT of 7 Figures G.I.JOE - eBay (item 300279017455 end time Dec-12-08 03:42:35 PST)

Probably the only way I could afford (well, at xmas time and with the stocks being as crap as they are) 7 carded straight armed 1982 GI Joe figures is to buy a lot with the "flag points" cut out. Still a nice enjoyable lot without having to spend the really big bucks(yet). I'm not crazy about most carded figures, and mostly just collect loose examples, but I spent 3 or 4 of the best years of my childhood staring at all that beutiful GI Joe artwork and those cards bring back a ton of memories for me. I remeber as akid I always wanted to keep the cardbacks, but my mom would always toss them out. I'd like to finish off the set of all 11 original characters, Cobra Commander and the Cobra soldiers are in my price range, but Scarlett and especially Snake Eyes are quite expensive. I've got them loose but carded is another story. The guy selling these had them listed simply as "1982 action figure lot" for the first four days of the auction, then changed it to have "gi joe" in the title and dropped the BIN price.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Niiiiiice! I have some SW 12 backs with the proofs cut out personally, the price was right.

Those bring me back, I remember buying a short fuse at Woolco when they first came out, great series! Congrats man!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Great deal,I would've taken them as well.Congrats
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kennermike
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 4, 2007

Gi JJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the Gi-joe's and fyi thanks on the info on Pulsar Mattel 1976 got one for 72 bucks

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 1, 2005

Even without the flag points, I think that's an excellent deal! Very nice and congrats!!

I have a soft spot for those first couple of years worth of 3-3/4" Joes as well. I have a bunch of them loose from my childhood still, with file cards, but I'd love to have them MOC again for the great artwork.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

G.I. JOE~FLAG POINTS & CATALOG LOT (1982-83 HASBRO) - eBay (item 310108856825 end time Dec-20-08 15:33:24 PST)

I'm wondering if some sort of restoration job is possible?

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by stretchandro
              naw,I think it'll damage them more
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

way cool ... nice score ... I'm a huge 80's Joe fan from 82 to about 86 ... many years I only bought GI Joe toys. I was about 6 when the first wave came out and I still remember just looking at all the mocs on the pegs.

Comment

• RG
                  Removed.
                  • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by stretchandro
                  as Damien said it would most likely cause more problems ... but one thing I did with a Star wars moc figure that had a POP cut off ... I just printed out the area and then just set it by the damage area (I didn't tape or glue it on, just set it there) and the star case held it in place and given it wasn't perfect but it did help hide the damage, without causing any more.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                    Home Of The Type3 Body
                    • Jan 18, 2005

Very cool score and happy birthday. Wish I could be there when you open them!
                    LOOK
                    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

What a nice birthday present! The RAH artwork is great. There is a reason they are re-using it today!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Wow, I love those early 3 3/4 inch Joes, as well! You must be overjoyed.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• spotter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 6, 2008

That is Awsome and totally worth it, even though the new 25th annivs have the same pics there is nothing like having a vintage toy ( if you can afford it) knowing yours will be the first hands to touch them since they left Hong Kong
                          Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            What a nice birthday present! The RAH artwork is great. There is a reason they are re-using it today!

Chris
                            Too true! And admittedly, it's almost hooked me in as well. I look at those new 25th ann. figures and I think, "Man those packages would look pretty sweet on my wall", I could never afford the originals at this rate. And I do think the new figures look pretty good themselves as well.

But dear lord I really cannot afford to start collecting yet another line!!

Comment

• MadCow
                              • Jun 10, 2008

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
                              Too true! And admittedly, it's almost hooked me in as well. I look at those new 25th ann. figures and I think, "Man those packages would look pretty sweet on my wall", I could never afford the originals at this rate. And I do think the new figures look pretty good themselves as well.

But dear lord I really cannot afford to start collecting yet another line!!

And that's what got me into them. Walking in to Target and seeing those cards on the peg hit me like a brick to the chest and I just caved. All the memories of my grandmother taking me to Jamesway as a kid and letting get one figure. It was awesome...
                              Thankfully the line has sour so i've gotten pretty much everything I wanted...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎