Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

I talked to Mark at the NY Comic Con - he said his roommate let the license lapse.

Although, he did say he was interested in trying to pick up the license and use his roommates production pieces.

Does anyone know Mark well enough to ask him?

I was disappointed because I really wanted the Fry Guys and Birdie.
    Mark said he really wants to make O'Grimacey

If the line is still alive I would be really happy to hear that news.
    Last edited by z3zep; Feb 16, '09, 5:07 PM.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 9, 2008

Thats something new to me. Maybe that's why I cannot get a straight answer from anybody. I heard there was no Product. That's a Shame. It had potential. I wish they would at least have gotten the last 2 reissues/ resculpts out.....Big Mac and Professor.
      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• spaceace35
        Career Member
        • Feb 1, 2008

what a shame
        i would buy several uncle o'grimacys
        Rockin Rebels

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jasonmego1277
          I wish they would at least have gotten the last 2 reissues/ resculpts out.....Big Mac and Professor.
          Agreed, It really bites I won't be able to at least get Big Mac and Professor for the set.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Someone else could leap onto this license... maybe EMCE or Castaway?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

i saw these at the wondercon today in the bay area and they were selling like hot cakes. i saw a guy buy 2 sets and then came back 5 minutes later and bought another set.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

My prayers are offered for the best end result that can come out of this.

I still haven't resigned myself that the line won't be finishing off "the big 7"
                or Birdie.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• z3zep
                  The Girl Next Door
                  • Sep 30, 2006

Me too -- I still have hopes for Fry Guys.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by z3zep
                    Me too -- I still have hopes for Fry Guys.
                    FRY GUYS would be GREAT ---I'm just prioritizing
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

How's the articulation and quality of these Huckleberry McDonaldland figures?

--thanks

Comment

• Sbznpoe
                        • Apr 16, 2010

eBayer Currently Offering McDonaldland SDCC Exclussive Carded Sets

Just wanted to let everyone know that currently a user by the name of toymom21957 on eBay is selling off the remainder of the special San Diego Comic Con exclusive sets at very reasonable prices. If anybody missed out on these Huckleberry Toys (Series I) sets, you have a chance to get them now. Of course these were limited editions. I purchased 2 carded and 1 boxed figure to patch my existing damaged set I bought as a pre-order when these first came available, and I can assure you these are in awesome condition and she ships very, very carefully so you get them minty fresh. Anyway, you can buy many of the figures individually, (supplies are getting low). Or you can get either the common carded sets of 5 figures, (I think these were limited to 250 sets), or the common + variants set of 10 figures, (The 5 common + 5 classic costume variations of Hamburglar, Mayor McCheese and Captain Crook - I think these were limited to 100 sets). I've seen the interest everyone showed here over these figures in the past and I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of this unique opportunity. FYI. After monitoring eBay ever since Huckleberry launched and ultimately cancelled this line due to a licensing dispute with McDonald's, and toymom21957 is the first and only eBayer to hit the site with these carded variant figures. If interested, I'd suggest you hurry before they're gone. As of this posting there are currently more than 10 sets of each assortment available at between $34.95 (5 set) to $69.95 (10 set) and plenty of carded common and variant single figures too $7.95 if you like just certain characters. As we will never see Series II. and III. as we were promised, this is a rare opportunity.

Comment

• Christmas_Boy
                          • Jul 30, 2010

Hi,

So is there any update on these series 2 and 3? It was mentioned in this thread that someone from this company wants to try to release the rest of the series sculpts. Will this ever happen? I was hoping the line up listed above would happen but now I see the figures are in Big Lots and Ollie’s so I assume that’ll never happen. :(

I also wish a wave 4 could happen with Speedee and the Apple pie tree but I don’t know who the other two characters could be unless they brought 4 armed Grimace into the series line up. Maybe even the McHottie from Japan? (She’s a female Ronald) I’d love to have a complete McDonaldland cast. The series 1 figures are great.

Comment

• Christmas_Boy
                            • Jul 30, 2010

By the way, if you have an A.C. Moore craft store nearby they now have sculpted erasers of knock off McDonald's food that look to be in scale of these. The Shake has an "S" on it rather than an M and the red fry box is blank but it's clear what these are supposed to be. There's a burger too. I haven't got any yet but plan to go later this week. They seem a bit high at a dollar a piece and I was hoping they'd come down.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Christmas_Boy
                              Hi,

So is there any update on these series 2 and 3? It was mentioned in this thread that someone from this company wants to try to release the rest of the series sculpts. Will this ever happen? I was hoping the line up listed above would happen but now I see the figures are in Big Lots and Ollie’s so I assume that’ll never happen. :(

I also wish a wave 4 could happen with Speedee and the Apple pie tree but I don’t know who the other two characters could be unless they brought 4 armed Grimace into the series line up. Maybe even the McHottie from Japan? (She’s a female Ronald) I’d love to have a complete McDonaldland cast. The series 1 figures are great.
                              The Four Armed "Evil" Grimace was made by Huckleberry Toys. It was a SDCC 2008 Exclusive limited to 500 pieces. Here is the pic from my collection. As for Wave 2 that was supposed include Big Mac, Professor, Birdie , and the Fry Guys/ Gals. Wave 3 was supposed to include Uncle O'Grimacey, Cosmc, A Newer Version Ronald, Mac Tonight , and Iam Hungry. Sadly the licenmse expired and the last I heard is that wave 2 and 3 have been shelved. Brian at Huckleberry Toys stated he hopes to still do these , but at this time it not on the drawing board unless they can renew the license cheaply. I know this is a bummer, as it would have been cool to see wave 2 and 3. Anyways at least Big Mac and professor can be acquired via the original Remco line.

Last edited by jasonmego1277; Jul 31, '10, 12:12 PM.
                              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Christmas_Boy
                                • Jul 30, 2010

I knew they had released a 4 armed Grimace, I was just saying maybe adding him to the boxed line could help pad out a 4th series to get Speedee added.(I’d love to get one but 45.00 including shipping is a bit high for me.) I’d also seen those series line ups earlier. My question with Grimace is why they didn’t do a happy faced variant as well since the other characters had variants.

How do these look with the Remco ones? I haven’t sought them out because I think these updated versions look better and my luck would be I’d buy the originals only to have them release the shelved waves soon after.

They must not have been a big seller or else the other series wouldn’t have been shelved. Such a shame. I’d hadn’t been excited about a figure line since the Muppet line of about 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎