X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Huckleberry Toys Mcdonaldland Characters

I Just got my set of the first series of these . Upon looking these do not appear to be exact reissues of the Remco Molds. I kinda assumed this would be the case. No complaints though. I still like them. My One complaint with Huckleberry toys is actually the Production time. It took way to long to get these to street release , and There's no info on preordering for Series 2 or 3.

Two Questions ,

1. What does everyone else think of these ?

2. Does anyone have any info on the releases of series 2 or 3 ?
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142
  • spaceace35
    Career Member
    • Feb 1, 2008

where did you order them from? and did you get a good price?
    i saw them at newbury comics but were like $18 each
    Rockin Rebels

Comment

• jasonmego1277
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 9, 2008

I actually am Originally From MA , and I used to Fined Newbury Comics over priced. I pre ordered mine at BigBadToyStore.com - Toys, Action Figures, Vintage Toys, and Collectibles. They came in Collectors grade packaging , but if you want open them , you can always save little and get sub standard packages. They have the set of 5 for 69.99 , and individually at 14.99 each. Try megostore.com too , I know they were selling them.

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Yes, these are not straight reissues of the Remco figures, they actually differ quite a bit. Some characters a lot more than others. The biggest difference is no head moving lever action.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
          Yes, these are not straight reissues of the Remco figures, they actually differ quite a bit. Some characters a lot more than others. The biggest difference is no head moving lever action.
          That's what I thought . They dont even look like the same molds sort of. I had when they try passing these off that way.

Comment

• goldenryan
            coy member
            • Jul 13, 2007

can't you still find the originals pretty cheap $25-35 a piece moc

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I think they're really cool and nicely done. I had the Remco ones when I was little.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by goldenryan
                can't you still find the originals pretty cheap $25-35 a piece moc
                Actually , I haven't been able to find them for $25 to $35 MOC each. If you do let me know I am certainly interested. I have been finding them $100-125 each mint on card. I like Both though the Huckleberry andf Remco versions. I do look forward to the other waves with Birdie and Mac Tonite.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I think they're really cool and nicely done. I had the Remco ones when I was little.
                  I agree , I like what they've done. I just think I was thrown aback , by everyone listing them as identical reproductions. I Hope we see series 2 and 3 a lot quicker than we did series 1. It seemed like the kept being delayed for over a year. I Can't wait to see the Birdie, Uncle O'Grimacey and Mac Tonite releases.

Comment

• goldenryan
                    coy member
                    • Jul 13, 2007

[:QUOTE=jasonmego1277;254208]Actually , I haven't been able to find them for $25 to $35 MOC each. If you do let me know I am certainly interested. I have been finding them $100-125 each mint on card. I like Both though the Huckleberry andf Remco versions. I do look forward to the other waves with Birdie and Mac Tonite.[/QUOTE]

there's a remco ronald on ebay right now bin for $20. wish i knew how to post a link
                    Last edited by goldenryan; Jan 14, '09, 4:09 PM.

Comment

• spaceace35
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 1, 2008

will there be an uncle o grimacey figure coming out??????
                      Rockin Rebels

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by goldenryan
                        [:QUOTE=jasonmego1277;254208]Actually , I haven't been able to find them for $25 to $35 MOC each. If you do let me know I am certainly interested. I have been finding them $100-125 each mint on card. I like Both though the Huckleberry andf Remco versions. I do look forward to the other waves with Birdie and Mac Tonite.
                        there's a remco ronald on ebay right now bin for $20. wish i knew how to post a link [/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks I'll have to keep an eye out on them. Always happens when my budget is strapped. LOL

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                          I wonder if they tried to sell them at McDonalds stores?
                          They'd probably have been pretty successful if they could do that.
                          Then again, McD's doesn't even use most of these characters anymore so....?
                          Do they even still make McD's commercials with Ronald in McDonaldLand?
                          Rich
                          No , the only Character used any more is Ronald. They stopped making the Commercials in the mid to late 90's. There was two problems that led to their demise.

Sid and Marty sued Mcdonald's Claiming that Mayor McCheese was a blatant rip off of H.R. Puffenstuff, and the other reason was lawsuits against Mc'dees by people claiming the Characters promoted poor eating habits in children, unhealthiness, and Child Obesity. Now all we get is Ronald and usually , He is just promoting Healthier choices, and a healthier lifestyle.

Besides Mcdonald's destroyed the Once Mighty Happy Meal. I went to get my son a chicken Mcnuggett Happy meal , and I was surprised to see the old cardboard lunchbox replaced with a printed bag instead. Talk about changing one of the coolest things about the Happy Meal.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Anyone have comparison pics of these with the Remcos? I'd like to see the differences.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Figures.com has pics of the Birdie, Big Mac, Fry Kids and Professor prototypes in their 2008 toy fair gallery.

ToyFair 08 - Figures.com - McDonaldland (SHOW PHOTOS) - Powered by PhotoPost

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎