• Jun 9, 2005

Sanda Bullock as Wonder Woman

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Is this official?

Isn't she a bit old for the role?

Not too crazy about Bullock as Wonder Woman but I hear if she turns it down Jennifer Lopez is next in line, GOOD GAWD if the role goes to her, J-Lo is too bloody short and her *** is waaaaay too BIG to be Amazonian Wonder Woman.

sigpic

Comment

• megomonkey
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 24, 2002

Wow. Yes. Yes, I can see Sandra doing that. Yup. Sure. Yepper....

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Those rumors are about 6 years old (and hopefully 6 years away from even being remotely considered).

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

For Wonder Woman it has to be tall, statuesque, athletic, and with great looks, oh, and brunette of course.

Mmm, how about Amanda Peete?

Or how about Jessica Biel?

The thing about Biel's face is that she just doesn't fit Wonder Woman's facial features...but wow...she's has a fantastic athletic body:

sigpic

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

IMO the only way to get an actress to pull of being Wonder Woman is to get a no named talent that looks the part and can act ... much like what happened with Lynda Carter for the TV role. Wonder Woman is a very visual character the look has to be right or it just won't work. The talent scouts just need to get off their butts and look for the right girl, and stop trying to find someone with "star power" If they cast a Bullock or worse a J-Lo ... I for one will not be seeing it

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

That Bullock rumor and photoshopped pic are old news. I think whoever is the current creators on this movie said they'd like it to be an unknown.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                That Bullock rumor and photoshopped pic are old news. I think whoever is the current creators on this movie said they'd like it to be an unknown.
                It may be photoshopped, but goddamn, she looks hot

But I think RussG is right, give the part to an unknown actress. Known stars have too much bagage already, their past films will play too big a role when discussing this
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

I agree with the "Unknown" for the Role. But Damm...would I like see Monica Beluchi in th Part!I know...too old(She's like 36).
                  sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Not my favorite body type romantically, but I think a more
                    "filled out" muscular gal is the way to go for a choice, as that skimpy
                    Wonder Woman costume on any gal that's too thin would look all wrong

Both of Hectors gal's pix looked pretty good

If I were casting the role---I'd actually probably push the muscular definition
                    aspect of a Wonder Woman actress to just before "ewww. that's TOO much
                    muscle definition"

I loved Timm's Wonder Woman on JL/JLU, but she was actually a tad too
                    feminine for me

Maybe I'm just used to the old Super Friend's WW's deeper voice and
                    larger waist

Basically, I'd like her to be sexy sure...but more of a "woah, she's like
                    a viking warrior kick anybody's butt" kind of sexy

Just about any other of DCs main female characters, I'd give a pass on
                    them being "bigger" physically
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                      Stays Crunchy in Milk
                      • Aug 2, 2004

Wonderwoman doesn't have to be beefy, but she can't be ultra thin either. Buxumous with good muscle tone.
                      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                        Wonderwoman doesn't have to be beefy, but she can't be ultra thin either. Buxumous with good muscle tone.
                        I'm not saying she has to be one way or another---I would never want to
                        jump the gun by ruling out just plain old "good acting chops" casting,
                        however, it all comes back to what I envision when I say "woah, she's like a viking warrior..."

Frankly, her "mythical background" makes me think of Viking Warriors for
                        some reason, when I really should be more geared towards the
                        "Greek Gods" bent that is mentioned so much in WW's lore

Men heroes are always these big imposing figures in mythological stories,
                        but I guess that doesn't mean the women have to be---or in this case the
                        mythical heroine woman derived from them

Here's yet another thing that makes me envision WW as a bigger woman:
                        to me, the top two DCU gals are Supergirl and Wonder Woman
                        (at least strength-wise)

I'd prefer to see Supergirl slight and unassuming----while Wonder Woman
                        would be almost the polar opposite

so there's that too
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• brineb
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 26, 2006

I'm glad it's just a fake pic ... Sandra does nothing for me. I LOVED Linda Carter and am of the mind to think an unknown beauty would be the only way not to ruin it!!!
                          I also play with other dolls:
                          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

I'd go with an unknown actress also. Bullock while cute isn't WW material. Linda Carter will be a hard act to follow.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
                              Lynda Carter will be a hard act to follow.
                              Yup! And the best way to do that is to go with an unknown that can grow into the role....a "name" actress will only bring certain expectations and I'm sure it will all be a let-down and she'll make one or two and then the role will be recast any way.
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎