Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

[QUOTE =cjefferys;236354] Does this count as a toy? It's a part of a kids park and his tail is a slide. That's me standing in front of him in the first pic. Biggest Godzilla "toy" ever! QUOTE]

Now thats so Awesome. It's also a very Appropriate place for it next to some Power Lines LOL. I would love to see that In Person. I Love Godzilla

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

Cool list Brian. I have a steadyly growing godzilla toy collection. I've got a godzilla watergun that I picked up recently. I just know if I had that thing when I was younger I'd have filled it up with lighter fluid and made it spit fire at my GI Joes.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
        That's one of my grails too, ....... I have one of the newer Medicom versions as a poor substitute, but it's just not the same as the original Takara one.
        The Takara is VERY cool!! I think there were two versions? Suit only, and then suit with the Combat Joe body (portrait of actor Nakajima- sp?).

But!! That RAH suit is pretty dam cool as well. I would not call it a poor substitiute. Any company making a scale rubber suit for a 1:6 action figure to go about stomping buildings down in is OK by me.

I would note that the earlier version of the rah has a much sturdier Combat Joe than the most recent incarnation, but they are still great suits.
        rche

my RAH

Comment

• Tothiro
          Kitten Mittens
          • Aug 28, 2008

I loved the Shogun Godzilla (still have one with a broken fire tab). I remember all of those (had about half of them) I picked up the "budget" microman version of the combat joe suit released a few years ago too, kind of a cute idea.

I have to add two though (keeping the US theme) - the rubber bendy imperial godzilla which got a lot of play:
          http://www.toyfanatic.com/images/ben...illa_bendy.jpg
          and the entire Godzilla Gang... even though I never had the Mattel created Godzilla and they're actually Ultraman kaiju...
          Godzilla and Shogun WarriorsI Mattel I 1979 I Godzilla's Gang I Plaidstallions.com
          How could you not love a giant Noko-Girin roach with which to stalk your micros? Plus they each had identifying footprints! Teh awesome.

Comment

• tomstoyz2
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2, 2007

Awesome list. Topless Robot does some funny stuff sometimes. My favorite Godzilla toy is the HUGE Shogan Warriors version. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
            CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
            BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
            Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

• tomstoyz2
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2, 2007

Originally posted by ramsey37
              What, no love for the Imperial Inflatable Godzilla?

Ubiquitous in the 80's, now darn hard to find in decent shape. At six feet tall, he's probably as close to a life-size Godzilla toy as we'll ever get.
              George
              I remember this thing, how funny! Yes, this huge Godzilla is a masterpiece of ART!!
              CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
              BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
              Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                The Takara is VERY cool!! I think there were two versions? Suit only, and then suit with the Combat Joe body (portrait of actor Nakajima- sp?).

But!! That RAH suit is pretty dam cool as well. I would not call it a poor substitiute. Any company making a scale rubber suit for a 1:6 action figure to go about stomping buildings down in is OK by me.

I would note that the earlier version of the rah has a much sturdier Combat Joe than the most recent incarnation, but they are still great suits.
                rche

my RAH
                http://home.earthlink.net/~auctionsa...mallgojira.jpg
                Damn!!!! That's sweet!!!!!

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

man, I loved seeing this list. I've gotta have that insanely ridiculous die cast Godzilla! I'm always on the look out for a shogun godzilla at toys shows--mine took a serious beating when I was a kid. Tough one to get because it is so huge--shipping is always outrageous on it.
                  Last edited by joshvox; Dec 23, '08, 8:13 PM.

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hey!

I forgot another one that wasn't on the list:

Microman 2004 Series - Kiguru Series

Don C.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

I remember that Shogun Warriors Godzilla, for sure, though I don't know that it's crossed my mind in 30 years. Great toy, that's for sure!

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎