Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trek-style Chairs Update 11/30/08

Images
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Trek-style Chairs Update 11/30/08

Hello,

I'm writing to update you on the Star Trek chairs you pre-ordered. At this point I don't know when I will have them and there is a possibility they may not come through. The toolmaker I am working with has given me a series of excuses---a part for his machine he had to order, an illness, and now he's forced to move his entire shop to a new location due to landlord troubles. I think what's really happened is that he's scrambling like a lot of folks to get work and this job is not his priority. If I had it to do over again I would have negotiated differently and only put down a deposit for the work. Lesson learned.

So here's where it's at: He is going to move his shop and that will take at least a month. If we get these chairs made I doubt we will see them before February 1. That's a conservative estimate. I can demand a refund, but I expect that could even longer given the realities of the situation and I'd rather see the chairs. So if you can be patient a little while longer I can continue to press him very hard to honor his agreement and get this done.

However, I want to assure you that your pre-order money will be refunded one way or the other, out of my pocket if need be If you want your deposit back now I can try to do that, but I'd like a little more time if you can wait.

I think that's it, let me know if you need anything else from me. I've emailed this to all the pre-order customers, but if I missed you let me know.

Scott

This profile is no longer active.

Images
    Although I did not order a chair, I would like to thank you for the update. It is nice to see a small business, like your own, take thier customers seriously.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

I'm guessing things like this are the reasons why most stuff gets made in China now?
    Just break out the whip there or kidnap a family member as a scare tactic and watch how fast they get things done.
    Hope things turn out. I'd like to buy some of those chairs myself.
    Rich

Images
    As I mentioned in my reply email.. I know it's crunch time for financial refunds, so if the possibility is there and we don't get the chairs, I'd consider perhaps a discount on one of your COOL playsets.

Just a thought and consideration..

david_b
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Images
    I'll hang in there, and see where this goes. I know it's not your fault, Scott.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Images
    Take your time. I have lots of stuff to do with Ape City before I ever get to thinking about those chairs...
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

If things turn dicey Scott, all you have to do is tell them how many members there are here, were all nuts, and we all know where this guy lives!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Thanks for the update Scott. I'm a patient man, I can wait
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Images
    It's Cool. I'm in No Rush What So Ever
    Sammy

Images
    Well, I guess we wait a little longer then.
    Thanks for the update Scott.
    Steve