Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Aw Yeah Castaway!

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
        Nice deal. 3 for $20, is a great deal. I foresee a lot of orders for the Xmas holiday.

I wonder who else they are going to come up with?
        ITS $20 each.

Comment

• mage66
          • Aug 14, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Nice deal. 3 for $20, is a great deal. I foresee a lot of orders for the Xmas holiday.

I wonder who else they are going to come up with?
          Looks like $20.00 each to me... No way Cast-A-Way can afford to sell three figures for $20.00, the bodies alone cost $24.00 retail without heads, costumes and accessories.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

I saw these on eBay couple of days ago and at first I thought they were customs, till I saw you guys made them
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

I like the boots and hats. Three Muskateers are some of my favorite literary heroes, I knew that someone would produce these guys some day and have been looking forward to it. To have Castaway toys produce these guys is a dream come true. But I think you truly under achieved with these three. Its really your own fault. You set the bar high with your other figures. Its hard to see the cheap looking frocks/ capes, and the re used mego heads. It looks like something CTV toys would have put out.

Thank you for all you have done. My opinion is obviously just one opinion, but I wouldn't be fair to you to blow smoke up your *****. Keep up the good work on the other figures. PLease don't go backwards again.
              Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Nov 19, '08, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

New Captain Nemo and 3 musketeers figures from castaway toys......

Nice figures!!! However, can someone tell me what does "All for one (+40)" mean. Is it that you can get the three for $40 as a special or am i reading this wrong?

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                  I like the boots and hats. Three Muskateers are some of my favorite literary heroes, I knew that someone would produce these guys some day and have been looking forward to it. To have Castaway toys produce these guys is a dream come true. But I think you truly under achieved with these three. Its really your own fault. You set the bar high with your other figures. Its hard to see the cheap looking frocks/ capes, and the re used mego heads. It looks like something CTV toys would have put out.

Thank you for all you have done. My opinion is obviously just one opinion, but I wouldn't be fair to you to blow smoke up your *****. Keep up the good work on the other figures. PLease don't go backwards again.
                  Ya know my Papa Lee used to say " Opinions are like Butt-holes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks". It's true too, nobody thinks their own opinion stinks, heck it wouldn't be their opinion if they did. So, before anyone defends us or jumps in to add a like opinion, just remember expressing opinions is tricky and that we don't want anyone to be offended as we are surely not by the post.

I offer only this in response: we have to pay bills every month, we know that we won't always hit home runs, and that you guys as customers might not like/buy everything we make. This doesn't keep us from having commitments to meet and bills to pay. So for those who like and have supported! thanks! Those who may not care for them, hopefully we'll make something closer to your liking soon.

-Dave

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Amazing it's the long lost uncle jesse head....LOL
                    Those figs look pretty sweet.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

Nice work guys, just a little curious about the details...

Are these CTVT parts (heads, swords, AJ hats, Devil tridents, etc) combined with Castaway parts (dyed clothes, boots, bodies, cap, etc), or are these all new factory parts? Any homemade items (outfits), etc? Just curious. If there are new factory parts here, and they are repro, are they marked?

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Hulk
                        Nice work guys, just a little curious about the details...

Are these CTVT parts (heads, swords, AJ hats, Devil tridents, etc) combined with Castaway parts (dyed clothes, boots, bodies, cap, etc), or are these all new factory parts? Any homemade items (outfits), etc? Just curious. If there are new factory parts here, and they are repro, are they marked?
                        Paul, it's a mixture of our stuff and CTVT's stuff, so what they marked is what they marked. This is why Jason asked if you wanted to wholesale some of your stock a while back.

-Dave

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I like them. I think the boots are prefect for these characters.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Thanks for the info David. Makes sense. Good use of existing parts.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
                              Ya know my Papa Lee used to say " Opinions are like Butt-holes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks". It's true too, nobody thinks their own opinion stinks, heck it wouldn't be their opinion if they did. So, before anyone defends us or jumps in to add a like opinion, just remember expressing opinions is tricky and that we don't want anyone to be offended as we are surely not by the post.

I offer only this in response: we have to pay bills every month, we know that we won't always hit home runs, and that you guys as customers might not like/buy everything we make. This doesn't keep us from having commitments to meet and bills to pay. So for those who like and have supported! thanks! Those who may not care for them, hopefully we'll make something closer to your liking soon.

-Dave
                              Dave I respect the fact that you need to pay the bills. I'm even willing to buy some of the customs to ensure that we keep getting the amazing products you present us with. Thank you for not taking to heart my opinion. I knew when I posted it that it wouldn't be popular and totaly expected to be flamed when I returned to the boards.
                              Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see Zorro.
                              -Curtis

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                                Museum Gunslinger
                                • Oct 15, 2007

Coolness! Any chance of seeing the packaging?
                                NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍