Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Super Joe repairs

Looking for Super Joe repairs

Hi,

I have a carded Super Joe winging its way across the atlantic to the UK. I know that the hands and joints are shot. Question is, do you know anyone that is capable of a flawless repair?

Cheers

Craig

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doublecee View Post
    Hi,

I have a carded Super Joe winging its way across the atlantic to the UK. I know that the hands and joints are shot. Question is, do you know anyone that is capable of a flawless repair?

Cheers

Craig
    Hi Craig,

I have had several Super Joes restrung by Joe at he G.I. Joe Medic
    The GI Joe Medic

He puts Mego style hands on them and restrings them.
    They look awesome when you get em' back.
    He's a righteous dude,charges a very fair price and has quick turnover.
    Enjoy your new Super Joe!!
    Best,

M

I repair SuperJoes. My rates are very fair and my work is clean and tight. I started using Doc Mego hands, but now use Cast-a-Way gripper hands. They look more like the orginals. I also cast the bodies to make repro figures for collectors trying to build up their collection. All of my bodies are cast in color matched resin. No painting of the body parts, only the head details. Flesh for the Commander, Green for Darkon, Blue for The Shield, Brown for the Black Commander and Green for Gor. I could do a clear resin casting for Illumous, but that would cost too much. The "1-2 Punch" feature had to be done away with on the solid resin chest casting. But it doesn't work on alot of original Super Joes either. I make repro decals too.

My decals:

Re-built SuperJoes:

I don't have a pic of my body castings, but will post it later today with some of my custom SuperJoe van and dune buggy.

Bob

I' am glad someone made this post. ALL of my super Joes are in pieces because the bands in every part of them dried out and broke. Will be sending some PM's out soon

Quote Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    I' am glad someone made this post. ALL of my super Joes are in pieces because the bands in every part of them dried out and broke. Will be sending some PM's out soon
    Mine Two. They looked great when I took out them out of years of storage. As some as I moved a joint, they broke, hands crumbled. Can you make Lumanius hands white instead of black

Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Drain View Post
    Mine Two. They looked great when I took out them out of years of storage. As some as I moved a joint, they broke, hands crumbled. Can you make Lumanius hands white instead of black
    Yes, I can make them white. I just chose black on this one to match his back pack.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBatmanGuy View Post
    Yes, I can make them white. I just chose black on this one to match his back pack.

Bob

Just curious, if i still have all of the original parts (inc hands) can you use the originals when fixing them or is their a reason newer hands have to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    Just curious, if i still have all of the original parts (inc hands) can you use the originals when fixing them or is their a reason newer hands have to be used?
    The original hands just end up completely disintegrating, same as the joints. It's just because of the material Hasbro used. Any Super Joe hands that are actually still intact (very few) are probably extremely fragile, so unusable. So you have the hands for yours? Are they still pliable? I'd imagine that the body repairing process would require the hands to be handled in an undelicate manner, so they might not survive.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Nov 17, '08 at 7:34 PM.

Speaking of Luminous, I saw someone restore a figure using hands from a reissued Henshin Cyborg figure (the smaller Shonen Cyborg that is close to Super Joe scale). So he now has clear, closed fists, and looks pretty cool that way.

The Shonen Cyborg hands for Luminos are extremely hard to come by. The Shonen Cyborg figure cost $55-75 when originaly imported to USA 10 years ago and now sell in th $100+ range MIP Here's a pic of the one I did.

MORE SUPER JOE STUFF!