Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Red Tornado sounded better here. In JLU he sounded too metallic. A few things I noticed with this episode. First that Fun Haus guy seemed like a cross between Toyman and The Joker. Second,was that Biff from Back To the Future doing the voice of the bad guy at the beginning? And finally,is it me or did that exploding doll remind anyone else of Baby Doll from Batman:TAS?

Comment

• Riffster
      Atomic batteries to power
      • Jun 29, 2008

that had to be Baby Doll from Tas, i agree
      Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
      And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I had to miss it last night due to a Christmas party, but I caught it today at 10:30. They aired the middle half twice! It went to commercial break with Batman in the sleigh going over the cliff, and came back to the earlier Baby Doll sequence (I spotted her too). Right before the got back to the sleigh/cliff sequence, it jumped to the end with Fun Haus and the giant robot. Did they do this last night too?

They reair it on CN west at 1:30. I hope they fixed it by then, but I doubt it.

Nice episode though. Liked the treatment of Tornado. Was that Cory Burton as Reddy? He's the guy who voiced Brainiac all through STAS, JL/JLU and even on Legion. Sounded like him. If so, great casting.

That did sound like Biff as Sportsmaster. He has voiced DCU charaters before, including Tony Zucco, murderer of Dick Grayson's parents on BTAS.

LOVED the flashback. Our first glimpse of Alfred, and oddly enough Bruce himself.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I had to miss it last night due to a Christmas party, but I caught it today at 10:30. They aired the middle half twice! It went to commercial break with Batman in the sleigh going over the cliff, and came back to the earlier Baby Doll sequence (I spotted her too). Right before the got back to the sleigh/cliff sequence, it jumped to the end with Fun Haus and the giant robot. Did they do this last night too?
          I was wondering about that...I went to do something during that commercial break, got distracted and returned only to find it picking up where I left off...I thought it was an awfully long break considering the amount of time I was out of the room.

This was a nice Christmas tale that reminded me of the good ones we used to get from DC back in the day.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Fun House looked to Me ToyMan ... I wonder Why ToyMan's name couldn't be used ?
            A Very Fun Xmas episode imo,.. It was fantastic,.. Just get rid of Red Tornado's Sholder Pads.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Awesome Episode and yes I also thought that was Babydoll. Instant Classic Christmas episode.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                Fun House looked to Me ToyMan ... I wonder Why ToyMan's name couldn't be used ?
                A Very Fun Xmas episode imo,.. It was fantastic,.. Just get rid of Red Tornado's Sholder Pads.
                Yeah he was definitely a bulked up Toyman.

And I said the same thing about Reddy's shoulder pads to my daughter when she asked who the heck he was and I was describing him and his powers.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I hated the shoulder pads until they had it they "amped" up his powers. Then I didn't mind so much.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

For you Canadian pals, including our fearless leader:

The World's Finest

Jan 11, the Brave and the Bold comes to Teletoon.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, thanks Chris. I couldn't wait and have been downloading the torrents of these every Saturday morning. I love this series and I was surprised how hard they hit with the alley scene last week.

Normally I don't like Red Tornado much but I liked his personality in this one.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Heh, thanks Chris. I couldn't wait and have been downloading the torrents of these every Saturday morning. I love this series and I was surprised how hard they hit with the alley scene last week.
                        Wait...they showed the alley scene! UGH! They showed part of the episode twice and stomped over that part! I hope they reair it sometime this week, or it will be a year before the re-air it!

Yeah, this is the best handling of Reddy I've seen in a while. Few seemed to get him outside of Len Wein and Gerry Conway.

chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• saildog
                          Permanent Member
                          • Apr 9, 2006

If anyone has missed recording these, Cartoon Network is going to be re-playing the first 4 episodes several times from today until the end of the year.

Link for Upcoming Schedule of Brave and the Bold Replays

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I love Red Tornado & his episode, but what's with the (un)original Fun Haus?

Where's Toyman--is there a DC animated moritorium on Superman characters?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

I think they figured there would be too much confusion because of the Toyman from Superman and later on Justice League,then have this guy and call him Toyman as well.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                                I think they figured there would be too much confusion because of the Toyman from Superman and later on Justice League,then have this guy and call him Toyman as well.

NAW ..., I do not believe they are that smart & thought that direction.
                                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎