Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I loved the Aquaman as well, a big, boisterus, nobleman who was actually an effective hero as well. I've heard some people complain he was clueless but he just wanted to believe his brother could be redeemed.

The one thing I like about this series is while it has a silver age feel, it also injects some fun personality into the opposing heroes, so nobody is as interchangable as they were during that period.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

I liked it but then I am not an aquaman fan or purist so I have no problem with him as a braggard. I loved the extra long names of his stories and the fact that he seems to have jawwed off bats ear the whole trip.

I have to admit I was leery of Bader's casting as Batman but he really works for a Sprang/finger interpretation.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I'm watching an episode for the first time----

It's the GRODD/PLAS episode.

I've just seen a few minutes and...I can't believe how much I think this
        is REAL GOOD.

Plas---he even mentions "The League"---what a bonus----just like that
        recent THE BATMAN cartoon (which I didn't care for as much as THIS)
        it seems this BRAVE AND THE BOLD is running fast to involve as much of the
        DCU as possible.

Right on.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I admit I liked Aquaman calling Batman "old chum". Also liked the fact Aquaman could make weapons with water. Makes him seem less "lame". At least it should make him seem that way to little kids or so I hope.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't mind the design of the character, but the characterization of Aquaman bothered me somewhat--too much the braggert for my taste.

Still, the series is toungue-in-cheek & I basically enjoy it. I did like the broadening of Arthur's powers and the ending.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

"The one thing I like about this series is while it has a silver age feel, it also injects some fun personality into the opposing heroes, so nobody is as interchangable as they were during that period." --Palitoy

Excellent point. Maybe I just want Arthur to be more Hal than Falstaff--but I'm always glad to see the character.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 8, '08, 4:05 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The one thing I like about this series is while it has a silver age feel, it also injects some fun personality into the opposing heroes, so nobody is as interchangable as they were during that period.
                Yep. That's what I was saying over at Rob's Aquaman Shrine. The DC heroes shared a personality. So much that in flashbacks, writers have had to flesh them out. Batman was always a loner, Hal was a womanizer and a bit reckless, Barry was Mr. White-bread, Ollie was always a hot-head liberal, Carter was a stuffy conservative, etc. Arthur never really got fleshed out much. They just grafted his angry-hook-hand personality on to most flashbacks. Brave and Bolds' approach isn't any less valid than that.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Aquaman came across more like the Silver Age Marvel Comics' Hercules than any era Aquaman.
                  Scott

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                    I'm watching an episode for the first time----

It's the GRODD/PLAS episode.

I've just seen a few minutes and...I can't believe how much I think this
                    is REAL GOOD.

Plas---he even mentions "The League"---what a bonus----just like that
                    recent THE BATMAN cartoon (which I didn't care for as much as THIS)
                    it seems this BRAVE AND THE BOLD is running fast to involve as much of the
                    DCU as possible.

Right on.
                    When Risde of the blue beetle replays watch the beginnig closely the top shaped JLA satilite is clearly shown in the backround

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

While yes that is indeed an homage to the JLA satellite, for the story it isn't. It's just an international space station that Batman and Blue Beetle are trying to save.
                      Scott

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

I finally saw my first episode, the Aquaman one. I really enjoyed it. It was funny, while still being a good kid friendly adventure.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Action Martin
                          Aquaman came across more like the Silver Age Marvel Comics' Hercules than any era Aquaman.
                          That's exactly what I thought! It was fun and I enjoyed it Glad he wasn't angry fishhook Aquaman .....Aqua Batsuit? can sustain even the pressures of the deep sea lol! Dear God I smell these toys coming already....

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                            When Risde of the blue beetle replays watch the beginnig closely the top shaped JLA satilite is clearly shown in the backround
                            I thought it was cool Plas mentioned the League
                            ---and then of course, I did recognize the satellite in the Beetle episode
                            ....homage or not...still a cool team working on this show.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• vulcan2074
                              Live Long and Prosper
                              • Mar 23, 2008

Theres a New Episode This Friday. Invasion of the Secret Santas. Its going to have the Red Tornado
                              Sammy

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                                The Man of Many Voices
                                • Aug 30, 2005

So far, I've only been able to watch the episodes on youtube.com, but from what I've seen, I actually like this series and it's starting to grow on me. But then again, I grew up with the SuperFriends, the Filmation cartoons, and the Adam West TV series. So I love both Batman light and Batman dark. And this series goes to show that the lighter toned Batman with the sense of humor can exist again.
                                So far, this last episode with Aquaman is my current favorite. Aquaman's portrayal of being egotistical, but very likeable. It was a nice break from the barbaric king with the hook. Don't get me wrong. I love the JLU Aquaman, but I also enjoyed this rendition.
                                I also enjoyed seeing characters who were off limits to the JLU series, like Blue Beetle and Plastic Man. And I look forward to seeing Red Tornado in a major role with speaking lines since he didn't really get his due in JLU. I also look forward to seeing the episode with an appearance by Robin who will be Dick Grayson.
                                Batman: Brave and the Bold is actually growing on me faster than "The Batman" series did in which it wasn't until season 4 of that show that finally sparked my interest.
                                Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎