Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

oh my gosh, thats great, again awesome example of rm robin. so is there any figures there you wanna "get rid of" ?

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

I can't help but keep going back and looking at that picture. Good for you for keeping them. Nothing beats your original childhood Megos.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

I saw the circle suit spidey when I looked at the pic yesterday but didn't want to believe he had ALL these rare items all in one bag. You'd almost think someone faked the pic.
        I keep waiiting for post #2: "Hey I just found another bag with the rest of my Megos. Here's Silver soldier ape, Burgundy urko, aquaman Vs shark, two jokermobiles, a wayne foundation, Zorro, all the teen titans, Clark kent, bruce wayne, dick grayson & peter parker, and silk-screened supergirl driving green arrow's car!"

Rich

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

It's crazy. It's one thing to find your childhood Robin, but he still has his mask? Wow.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
            Museum Chaplain
            • Nov 26, 2002

Man! That's the best right there!

My inspiration for toy collecting is merely to replace the originals that I used to have as a kid. To actually HAVE all of your originals is quite another thing indeed.

Congrats for such an awesome find. Fight temptation to get rid of them. They are worth passing on!
            Last edited by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE; Oct 13, '08, 6:34 PM.
            "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

It is funny to see all of the comments about what condition that they are in. I think the photo shows them off better then they are, but to answer some questions: It would never have dawned on me to rough up the figures too much because then I couldn't be able to play with them again later. I remember the day my mom and I were in the Toys R Us and got the Supes (big S and stirrups), the RC Bats, and RM Robin. She saw them on the shelf not I and took them out of the box to see what they looked like before asking me if I would like to buy one. I pleaded enough, that she got all three. This must have been either 1972 or 1973. Later on, I guess when it first came out, Circle suit Spidey was obtained but lost his hand, but I taped it back on, later got a new one 'cause who wants a spidey with tape on it? lol. The rest came later but they are all T1. In fact, I always thought Mego only made the Star Trek line in T2 because I had gotten all of the heroes I wanted while they were all T1 and when I got my treks back in '75 they were T2. (And yes, it is a large Storage room, and my wife and I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, so there might be an Enterprise with all of the figures and a mission to Gamma in there, too. Won't be going back for a few weeks though. And no I won't give the address either
              Last edited by UnderdogDJLSW; Oct 13, '08, 7:04 PM. Reason: typo
              It's all good!

Comment

• GAFan
                Veteran Member
                • May 30, 2008

Just for safe keeping, why don't you take them back to your moms house. I'll have to see if she can misplace them this time around (I'll even send the shipping box).

Great rediscovery.
                sigpic

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

A glorious refind!!! Always nice to have the original toys back in the fold. I am still looking for the Lionel set I had that belonged to my old man. I know it is in a box somwhere. Super cool that you had all those early figs. A super cool mom as well.

kudos and may you find your mission to gamma.

rche

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

That's just beautiful!!! I can't imagine a find like that. Enjoy!

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

The stuff collector dreams are made off, just wonderful. I have a handfull od childhood mego figures that I'm really proud to still have and display, I can't imagine of finding a stash this incredible.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

Why so many multiples? You almost have 2 of everything.

I never intentionally messed up my figures, but I always lost everything. Having that mask and their gloves and everything is pretty miraculous.
                        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

Why so many multiples? You almost have 2 of everything.

I never intentionally messed up my figures, but I always lost everything. Having that mask and their gloves and everything is pretty miraculous.
                          With the bendy figures, it was the paint rubbing off or the wire inside breaking. I mentioned that CSS broke a hand so he was replaced. Supes had a lot of play time and his costume had even started to turn purplish back then, so I asked for a new one. Cap America got paint scratched off his nose and I couldn't deal with that. lol. CAH batman was the paint on the face or one came with the exploding bridge, I can't remember. And I have no idea why I got a second CAH Aquaman. Maybe it was a gift from a relative? The only ones that never got replaced were Batman and Robin. As I mentioned on the T2 Bats thread some days ago, I had been disappointed to see that the masks were painted on so I waited in vain for Mego to go back to the "old way" of making them

Oh, and I thanked my mom for all of the cool toys today. I'm sure I thanked her then, but just double-checking.
                          It's all good!

Comment

• mitchedwards
                            Mego Preservation Society
                            • May 2, 2003

WOW thats a great find. Congrats

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Neutron X
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 22, 2007

YEAH!!!!!It's great you have found all your original MEGOs. It's good to know someone has been so lucky. I sold a majority of my original childhood toys many years back and have allways regretted it.(Long Story) So enjoy, I say!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Sentry
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 3, 2007

Man, I was in the same boat when I found my POTA peices I had as a kid. Most of them weren't in the best of shape but thanks to Doc Mego I fixed them all up and got more to boot! Finding stuff you had as a kid is a wonderfull feeling. I'm glad that nothing got jacked up over time. CONGRATS MAN!
                                sigpic
                                http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                                [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎