Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas in the 70's book project

Christmas in the 70's book project

I'm pleased to announce a new and fun project I've become involved with that could really use input from any child/survivor of the seventies.

"Christmas in the '70s" is a planned photo-essay book about, yes,Christmas in the '70s, as told through the yellowed snapshots of Instamatics past. Christmas in the 70's will be a photo-essay book that aims to celebrate that very special time, great toys, questionable fashion and those very odd carpet-color choices. Your Co-authors are Joal Ryan (Former Child Star Central) and yours truly.
    If you've got an old Christmas snapshot (circa the '70s) of your old self (circa the '70s), we'd love to see it. We'd love to hear aboutyour misty-water-colored memories, too.

Did your brother tear accidently tear open your stretch monster? Did you eat your sister's play-doh? (I did!) Did mom get you a Parker Stevenson doll when you really wanted Shaun Cassidy? We want to hear about it.
    Check out the official blog and if you'd like to share a photo -- and a story -- of you in your Christmas-morn best (or worst), please email us at xmasinthe70s [at] yahoo.com.
    Please don't contact me through here, I'm easily confused.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    That's great! I don't have all of them, but I have some pics and I'd be happy to contribute!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Images
    I've got a picture of myself with a store Santa. Will that do?

Images
    I just posted this in another thread regarding Monsters, but it is Christmas.

I'm going to guess this was 1976 or '77. After Christmas at our house, we'd always head to Grandmother's house in the Wissonoming secton of Philadelphia. That's my Grandmother in the background, on the phone. I always loved the thought that once I had pillaged the pile beneath my own Christmas tree, I still had a few more presents at each relatives' home. Now the gifts were never as good at the relatives, but gifts are gifts. Well, Christmas gifts are anyway. That's most likely why I'm getting a monster from my grandma. I thought he was absolutely cool and he made a great villian, but he was not an "A" character. I'm sure that, at home, I had already opened several of Mego's prime lines, meaning World's Greatest Superheroes of maybe Planet of the Apes. And, for me, I am not talking Star trek. Somehow the younger version of me found sciene fiction to be the realm of nerds and geeks. Now, superheroes were cool. Knowing the back stories of every tertiary character from 'Luke Cage: Hero for Hire' was a sign of urbane coolness. Mr. Spock, Dr. Who... they were for geeks like my bother. Please don't tell him how much I played with that Space 1999 Eagle in the background. That thing was just too cool to resist!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images

Trek

I have some pictures from the 70's at both Christmas and on my birthday of me getting toys including some great Trek toys of course.

Images
    Bill, I love that standing corner hurricane lamp.

Had one just like it .....

I think every family in the 70's were issued one
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    How did I miss this sticky thread before? Great idea for a book! Good luck! I'll dig up some pics and send them.

Chris

Great vintage photo, I love those. Looks like you got a "Bermuda Triangle" board game, ha ha! I seriously love that old Batman T-Shirt you're wearing too, awesome!
    CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
    BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
    Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Hi, I'm new here and this is my very first post. Just thought I'd share a picture of one of my earliest and favorite Christmas mornings. Christmas of 1977. I recieved the SMDM, Mission to Mars outfit and The Bionic Bigfoot. I still have them too. Wow, what a happy Christmas morning. I still remeber asking my Dad constantly to keep changing Steve's outfit from his jogging suit to his Astronaut gear and then back again. I wasn't able to do it on my own for quite some time.

In that pic you look like you want to eat Bigfoot's head !