X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>The Mary Ellen Walton doll, in my opinion has a much better sculpt

....and she bears a startling resemblance to one of my co-workers....

Don C.

Comment

• SoulSinger
      Singer Of Mego Love
      • Oct 22, 2007

I have been recycling broken female upper arms. I have gotten so many female bodies over the years with broken elbows that they accumulated. I tried an old broken female upper arm as a neck plug on a Zira and it worked out pretty well, at lease until I get a real one. Think green! LOL

Bob

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

I have a question. Luckily (knock on wood) I havent had to do anything yet but can the females be 'restrung'? Do their heads come off? I've peeked inside and all I see is this big ruber band and it goes into the neck so I assume the head detaches from the neck? But I didn't want to try separating it to see. Also any tricks to tighten up their joints? I have two females that are as loose as a marionette. Are there new 'rubber bands' available if needed?
        thanks,
        Rich

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Mego Females

Yes, the head simply pops off. It's completely hollow and doesn't need to be heated up to remove it, unlike the newer Babs dolls.

The dolls can be restrung, just like the male figures, you just need a really good quality rubber band.

As to tightening up the joints, I have no idea.
          JediJaida

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by ctc
            >The Mary Ellen Walton doll, in my opinion has a much better sculpt

....and she bears a startling resemblance to one of my co-workers....

Don C.

funny ... I have a friend from High School who looks just like the mary ellen mego ... so much so that I gave her a Mary Ellen ... she loves it

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by JediJaida
              As to tightening up the joints, I have no idea.
              I've yet to try this myself, but I've often heard the best way to tighten up the wobbly knees on them is to drop some superglue in the back of the leg and keep moving the lower leg back and forth while the glues hardens... It dries into a "washer" of sorts between the upper and lower leg pieces.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                I've yet to try this myself, but I've often heard the best way to tighten up the wobbly knees on them is to drop some superglue in the back of the leg and keep moving the lower leg back and forth while the glues hardens... It dries into a "washer" of sorts between the upper and lower leg pieces.
                I did think about that but was afraid it would seize up permanently. I wanted to try loctite or a similar type threadlocker but all I see is red & blue (and sometimes yellow) and I think it would show or stain the plastic.
                Plus it's not just the knees but also the hips and ball-waist. (of course those might be a slightly stretched rubber band?)
                Rich

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                  I did think about that but was afraid it would seize up permanently. I wanted to try loctite or a similar type threadlocker but all I see is red & blue (and sometimes yellow) and I think it would show or stain the plastic.
                  Plus it's not just the knees but also the hips and ball-waist. (of course those might be a slightly stretched rubber band?)
                  Rich
                  I suppose if you're going to have her legs showing it mightaffect you decision, but I will be posting my results (I'll be using LOCTITE Super Glue).. Since my Zira's will not be showing their legs, it doesn't matter as much to me, as their legs will be covered and it doesnt matter if their leg colors change.. As long as they're functional, that's all that matters to me...

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                    Removed.
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I suppose if you're going to have her legs showing it mightaffect you decision, but I will be posting my results (I'll be using LOCTITE Super Glue).. Since my Zira's will not be showing their legs, it doesn't matter as much to me, as their legs will be covered and it doesnt matter if their leg colors change.. As long as they're functional, that's all that matters to me...
                    Yeah if that was the case it probably wouldn't matter but the one in question is a naked catwoman (my sister's old catwoman) that I turned into a Nova many, many decades ago (so no, I don't have the catwoman outfit anymore! ) . Maybe I'll try it on my Zira when I see what happens to yours (hehehe).

Rich

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Maybe I'll try it on my Zira when I see what happens to yours.
                      I did the super-glue knee tightener and it worked out very well... The Zira knees went from unusable to nice and tight... She can actually stand up again.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                        Removed.
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I did the super-glue knee tightener and it worked out very well... The Zira knees went from unusable to nice and tight... She can actually stand up again.
                        Procedure?
                        Rich

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Procedure?
                          Rich
                          All I did was take the superglue, put a few drops on either side of the back of the knee and immediately started to move the leg back and forth... It dried within a few minutes despite being worked and you should be able to feel it starting to harden as you're moving the leg...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎