X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Mego Females

Just out of curiousity, why did Mego make the female heads different from the male heads? Did it have something to do with making it easier for Mego to attach the hair?
    Scott
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

i alway sthought it just looked more feminenine...

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

I always thought it had to do with the hair. The ones with the longer hair you'd have to worry if they would get stuck in the neck hole maybe?

Comment

• Hotfoot
        Dazed and Confused
        • Dec 30, 2007

I just picked up Dorothy and did not realize how different they are. Smaller hands and feet and the head is banded on not stuck in a hole.
        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• brian2008
          • Oct 2, 2008

Mego Females

mego females is nice

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Since Dinah was meant as a competitor for Barbie I always figgered they'd kept the "fashion doll" proportions and just changed the scale.

Don C.

Comment

• fembot
              Amazon Queen
              • Jun 28, 2008

I agree with the Barbie competitor thing. I just wish they would have used a few more hair plugs the hair is a touch thin.
              Natalie

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

I can understand the wanting to compete with Barbie. But for the Super Gals and Isis the look is, IMO, silly. Surely Mego could have created better head sculpts and done something different for the hair.
                Scott

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>Surely Mego could have created better head sculpts and done something different for the hair.

They COULD have; but I kinda think the female heroes were an afterthought. Female figures didn't sell well back in the day; and girls wanted dolls, not action figures. So you'd get the Mego ones as a sort of halfway point. Essentially smaller, articulated fashion dolls in superhero outfits.

Don C.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I love the super gals just as they are except for maybe giving wonder woman an update, like they did for batgirl and catwoman and supergirl with the removable accessories.

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

I owned Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and Catwoman back when they were originally released and never really cared for them then or now. The cutesy heads always bothered me. I own an Isis now and always shake my head when I look at her.
                      Scott

Comment

• jemboy2004
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2005

Action Martin do you like the invisible woman? She has a new mold and is more realistic looking then the other's but she is my least favorite of the super gals(i know she's not really a supergal).

I look at the Super Gals and think they are the best of the WGSH line. Wonder Woman being the poorest done of them but still I like her alot.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Yes, IG's face does appeal to me. I've often thought of buying her and putting her in a Supergirl costume.
                          Scott

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Are'nt the super gals all the same head with different hair and paint? I was just griping about this in the customizer forum. They are all Dina Mite clones.
                            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Mego Females

The head of a Dinah is a bit smaller than that of a SuperGal, and the paint job of the eyes is different.

With Dinah, the eyes look off to the side, and not only have a pupil, but a reflective point.

With the SuperGals, they didn't have that, only the reflective point to the left of the center of the iris.

The Supergals, aside from having different hair colors, costumes and names, were all pretty generic when it came to their looks.

The Mary Ellen Walton doll, in my opinion has a much better sculpt because she has actual cheekbones, more realistic eyes and her expression is not as bland as that of the SuperGals.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎