X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

Anyone collect LJN SWAT,ROOKIES

Was wondering if anyone else collect these figures? As a kid the only one i had was Hondo, As an adult collecter i have all five SWAT figures, And i'm having no luck tracking down the EMERGENCY figures and i have little intrest in the ROOKIES, Just wondering if anyone else likes these figures?
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Yes I do. If you liked the SWAT TV show check out Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.. They have a lot of the shows there to watch. DaveMc has a nice setup of all the heads to show the different variations. I have all the SWAT guys and I believe all the known variations. I have the three officers from Rookies but not the Lt Reiker figure. I have all but one of the variations for Emergency as well. Blue Meanie set me up with some of em in WV at the Meet this year. SWAT was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

I only had one Rookie guy as a kid (Mike) and still have him although his outfit and accessories are long lost. He was turned into my Brent (beneath the POTA) and then a Star Trek crewmember (with extra blue shirt).
      I have seen them on ebay but for some reason they seem to get a lot of bids. I didn't think they'd be that popular as they aren't Megos but maybe they are?
      I'd buy them loose & cheap if the opportunity arose.

Rich
      Last edited by kryptosmaster; Sep 25, '08, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 10, 2006

I got very lucky At a flea market i spoted an old coke 2 liter soda box with the SWAT figures cards glued to the coke box when i checked it out inside was the SWAT van and the 5 SWAT figures, The woman was asking $25 for the lot i said i only had a 20 so i ended up with the box of figures and the van, The SWAT figures and ROOKIES pop up now and then on e-bay but i never see the EMERGENCY figures or the ROOKIES cop car, I believe someone told me there was a fire rescue truck but i never saw one for sale

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Loved the SWAT line as a kid and have a set w/ van sitting right next to me as I type this. Great show too!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

I had them as a kid I freekin loved SWAT. I only have one now and he's now The Whizzer! Marvel's speedster from the Golden age lol!

Comment

• Bionic Joe
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 10, 2006

^^^ OHHH the pain, I like my SWAT figures to much to customize one of them After all that's what Waltons are for

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

i love swat, got all five guys and the van too! no interest in emergency or the rookies.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                  Removed.
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by spockfan74
                  ^^^ OHHH the pain, I like my SWAT figures to much to customize one of them After all that's what Waltons are for
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
                  That gave me a huge belly-laugh!
                  Some day you people will be sorry when the most expensive Megos become the Waltons because there won't be any left due to over-hunting(over-customizing) like the Mastodons.

Rich

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

I loved S.W.A.T. on Tv and had the whole set of figures and the van in my teens for several years when ( as i posted Before somewhere) my Mom and sister convinced me to put them in a tag sale with my emergency guys and all thier gear. BOY i want them back NOW! i haven't been able to concentrate on them yet as i'm going for my DC heroes first and buying and trying to make some 70's style customs. But soon i will turn my attention to getting my boys back! i just wish they would put the second season out on DVD too. but sales for the first set and the updated SWAT movie didn't go as big as hoped, so who knows if they'll ever release it now.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

I enjoyed the tv shows as a kid but I never saw the action figures anywhere except for the Christmas catalogs. This past winter I did manage to get a Jim Street figure from another member for a custom that I am doing.
                      Scott

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

I love the LJN stuff as much as Mego. To me, they were one and the same back in the day. Especially SWAT. Loved the show when I was a kid. I think the SWAT figures were my last "Mego" type figures I got before I "outgrew" them.

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                          I enjoyed the tv shows as a kid but I never saw the action figures anywhere except for the Christmas catalogs. This past winter I did manage to get a Jim Street figure from another member for a custom that I am doing.
                          How did Spencer come out? Did you finish him?
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by Action Martin
                            OH no another one, Looks like i better put mine under bullet proof glass, Come on guys there are Waltons and WOZ figures out there for customization

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by megocrazy
                              How did Spencer come out? Did you finish him?
                              Think i would have went with a Dan tanner from the 70s show Vegas

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎