• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Mego Star Trek Intergalactic Planetarium

Hi
    I was wondering if there are any members here who own, or have owned, a rare Mego Star Trek Intergalactic Planetarium and would have and be willing to supply some high res images of it for an article?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Steve
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I'd like to see and read about it too.

Been a long time since this subject came up in the past.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Wish I could help but have no idea what it is.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, not too many of those floating around. I don't recall anyone here mentioning they have one, but you never know. I've only seen pics of the box, I'd love to see nice detailed photos of the contents.

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I own one. It's in somewhat bad shape. I am missing all the accessories. The unit is intact and I still have the flimsy plastic star-dome. I may need to replace the light-bulb. It's in a box at my parents house so I'll need time to search for it. How soon do you want to see it?

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by johnmiic
            I own one. It's in somewhat bad shape. I am missing all the accessories. The unit is intact and I still have the flimsy plastic star-dome. I may need to replace the light-bulb. It's in a box at my parents house so I'll need time to search for it. How soon do you want to see it?
            Cool!
            Well, can you possibly get some high res pics of it e-mailed to me by October 1st?
            Anyone else?
            Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

By Oct 1st? That shouldn't be a problem. If there are specific types of shots you want let me know otherwise I'll just take ordinary pics.

Comment

• wyldpny
                • Jan 29, 2008

No, nothing specific other than taking the pictures with then seeing them being pictured in a publication type of thing.
                Thanks

Comment

• NewForce
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 5, 2008

hello all...
                  as I recently recounted to Steve, I Have owned 4 of them over the years... 1 MIB, 1 MIB but missing the star transparency, and 2 loose ones (in varying states of completeness).... unfortunately for me, I sold them all before the "digital" age... I know there is a picture of my MIB one in an old Tomarts (or maybe Lee's) from sometime ago, but I never digitally documented my collection (as I do now with comics and megos)...

but, I know there are some examples out there!
                  rick

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

Hi,

What's the status of the Planetarium Article? Have you heard when it's coming out? What's the name of the magazine we can see it in?

Comment

• wyldpny
                      • Jan 29, 2008

The magazine actually just went to the printers yesterday. We had to wait for CBS to approve it and give us their blessings on the entire issue including the cover which I guess was the major hurdle. The first covers the publisher designed were really spectacular but were all shot down by CBS and their legal team, so they had to go with a totally new cover design >sigh<
                      CBS mandated that if we were going to use a shot of a toy Enterprise it had to clearly be a toy, with a base and/or packaging, and couldn’t look anything like it might be a movie still. What the publisher had designed was a shot of a Playmates TOS Enterprise orbiting a planet and it looked so cool. But CBS said no way even though they approved pretty much the same design for my collectibles book. Very odd.
                      So the publisher then used a Mego Kirk figure posed and laid out to look realistic for the main part of the cover image and CBS objected to that as well and instructed my publisher to use an image that was more clearly a model/figure; so the the one they used was a Sideshow Collectibles 7 of 9 bust that had no arms and a base, which my publisher thought was clear enough. I was not as happy with what our final cover ended up looking like and even my publisher wasn't as excited about it as the first two versions would have been so much better. But this is the best they could do under trying circumstances.
                      The Planetarium article came out great. The magazine should be hitting your favorite local book stores and at places like Amazon.com anytime after November 17 so less than a month away
                      Last edited by wyldpny; Oct 22, '08, 1:52 PM.

Comment

• paulsavoy
                        • Jan 1, 2023

Hello all.
                        This post is very old. But if it could still be interesting, I can share photos of mine.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                          • Dec 5, 2019

I would certainly like to see some pictures of it!

James

Comment

• paulsavoy
                            • Jan 1, 2023

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by paulsavoy

WOW! Thank you so much. That’s epic.

Comment

Working...