Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gabriel Lone Ranger line!

Images
    My cousins had The Lone Ranger and Butch Cavendish. We used to call him Black Bart. I don't think they had the posable horses, but I do remember a plastic horse. Lincoln Logs provided the town.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

lone ranger

Had these when little.I still have my loose figures.bought tonto in the box afew years back at a toy show for $20.00.I had all of these toys when i was little.this line had cool playsets.fire pit with skull.

Images
    Great line! I had such wonderful memories of playing with these figures. I currently have Lone Ranger, Tonto, and Butch Cavendish in their respective boxes. LR and Tonto are both bagged with all accessories. I've also got the Lone Ranger/Silver box set complete as well. I would love to see the pics of your collection! Sounds awesome.

Images
    Being someone who dabbles in the Lone Ranger line,i have to agree with the concensus here.This is a great line of figures.The best posable horses made IMO
    Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Images
    i realy like them because they are posable like mego and i think thats why many of us love them. the hands gabrile made were better and more workable to hold the accessories then megos . horses ive never seen so i cant say but they sound cool. mike

Blog Entries
    I actually bought a Scout this past weekend at a flea market, with stand for $2.00. The seller thought it was a breyer horse. Worked out well, since I got a complete Tonto in a mego lot a few years ago.

My Ranger is in need of repair and cleaning, and in need of Silver... but it's good to see Tonto riding high.

I love this line.

Bat

This was one of the best lines there has been made, hands down. So far in my collection of 10" figures I have : Lone Ranger w/ Silver, Tonto w/ Scout, Butch Cavendish w/ Smoke, and I also have the Carson City Playset. I plan to build a display cabinet for all my Megos, playsets, Lone Ranger figures and town real soon. Being a cabinet maker for a living should provide some usefulness,....HAHA! Anyway, soon as I get the time to do it, I'll get some pictures out. Catch y'all later!--B.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    This was one of the best lines there has been made, hands down. So far in my collection of 10" figures I have : Lone Ranger w/ Silver, Tonto w/ Scout, Butch Cavendish w/ Smoke, and I also have the Carson City Playset. I plan to build a display cabinet for all my Megos, playsets, Lone Ranger figures and town real soon. Being a cabinet maker for a living should provide some usefulness,....HAHA! Anyway, soon as I get the time to do it, I'll get some pictures out. Catch y'all later!--B.
    Definitely want to see some pictures when you get the display built. Sounds like you have a killer Lone Ranger collection.

The valleys of green and grey (Yorkshire)
    Images
    I was fortunate enough to win a boxed Lone Ranger and boxed Tonto in this years Megomeet raffle thanks to a very generous donor. They are just fantastic figures. I had wanted a Lone Ranger to replace my childhood one for such a long time. The one I won was still sealed in the baggie but temptation got the better of me and I opened the bag after he`d been untouched for 30 years. I needed to see him with the mask and hat on again. They are now definately firm favourites as part of my collection.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Images
    My dad is a big Lone Ranger fan, having been lucky enough to be a kid during the Ranger's radio heyday. So I've always had an affection for the Masked Rider of the Plains. My grandparents gave me the Lone Ranger/Silver and Tonto/Scout reissue giftsets for Christmas the year "The Legend of the Lone Ranger" was released. I love them and played with them a lot, but only the horses survived in any kind of shape.I picked up a decent Tonto back in the late 90s, but I just couldn't find a nice complete Ranger.

A few years ago while on vacation my wife and I visited an antqiue mall. I looked over and there was the Lone Ranger, with his awesome painted box. As I walked over the William Tell overture played in my brain. I had to have it. Now I have them all displayed in a case that once belonged to my granfather. Pretty appropriate, I think!

It would be pretty easy for me to plunge headfirst into collecting this line. Maybe after I get all the WGSH wrapped up...

Chris