X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Hourman: The last attempt!

After several incarnations of Hourman in my custom mego collection I have finally settled on how I want him.
    I originally sculpted a head out of sculpey with a Dick Grayson face for a base. The head was so heavy he kept falling over and cracking.

So, now I redid the head. I literally designed a small scaled mask out of satin fabric and padding to get it to look like he does in the comics. I touched up the face with fabric paint with a little black around the eyes....

The costume is a silkscreen design by a friend of mine

(these silkscreens are not as hard as some people were making it. I know a great tutorial online if anyone is interested. You can do it with your own printer!!!)

The head with the mask moves fine from left to right with no issues (like my last attempt) I think I am going to leave Hourman like this. I am finally happy!!

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Hotfoot
    Dazed and Confused
    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
    (these silkscreens are not as hard as some people were making it. I know a great tutorial online if anyone is interested. You can do it with your own printer!!!)
    Can you post a link?

He looks great
    Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

Lookin good.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

he looks great! i also wqould like to find out the secret art of silscreening.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Great job and great group shot too
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• rmh16
            • Jun 7, 2008

wow way too cool!!! I love the old school feel to the entire group!!!

I would also like to get the Silkscreen link!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎