X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

End of Vacation (Boo!!!) mega post.

Well. my vacation time ended Friday evening as I shuffled off back to work. During my time off. I took a bite out of my hobby todo list along with chores. So heres some of what I got done...

The recipe. Take a skull head from Joe on a Re-strung TVCT body. Add classic Fonzie jacket and Recent AJ repro spy outfit and small jewelry chain. Lastly add black glove hands also TVCT. The flamming mop top is off the Human Torch "KLIK Candy Dispenser". It is just glued on Johnnys head and peels off easy.

Finally got my Capt Marvel together. Got the head and bodysuit from Dr.Mego at Mego meet. Belt and cuffs I sewed. The boots and cape are TVCT. I tried to get the Mego look with him.

This one came down to a face paint job. (Not classic Robin. I mean the girl.)
    its a Bratz head w/ new face paint. I actually found the Classic Robin at a fleaMarket sitting in an old Batmobile. It cost me $30 for both. It was better than the Robin I had so The old uniform got recycled.

Finally this is the one I'm most pleased with. Yep. That's Kevin Spacey as Lex. The suit+ tie is Dr. Mego. The shirt is from Dave Lee's Cowboy. The head is from a mini bust. The packaging was marked "Best Buy" It was real cheeply made (Paint over plastic) The seam at the neckbase told me the head could be easily removed and was by hand alone. I re-painted the head. Lowered the brows to get rid of the stupid deer in the headlites look on him.

Well I had fun. I consider these post-able But I'll probably continue refining them as time goes on. And as most can relate several other projects were started during my time off...
    Later.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

excellent...love the jokes too
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• QDOGG
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 13, 2007

Really cool post! I dig the silly Job well done!

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

good job.

Comment

• AJ Collector
          The Biggest Little Man!
          • Aug 24, 2008

Nice Job....

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Nice job on all of them
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Neat stuff. Ghost Rider is really cool.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Alberto Malnati
                low tech animal
                • Nov 30, 2002

Love this stuff,
                Ghost really rocks...nice the joke with robins...actually i always loved more Carrye in dark knight return 1 and 2 than all the other robin boy
                BIRD LIVES!!!
                ciao Al

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

I love your cartoon style, and I think your Luthor really rocks.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Oh yeah... Should have mentioned. Ghost Rider is on an OCC motor cycle. They make a sweet 1:9 scale bike that (as you see) fits mego's really nicely.
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎