X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

The evil mutant, "TOAD"

Well, I have been busy with music and haven't had time to make anyone new. I have had this one on the backburner for awhile. I bought a Famous Cover's Toad from someone and I was going to shrink the head until I read some X-Men back issues and noticed that Toad is sorta short, fat and appears to have a fat head so I decided to keep the head the same.

I took in the Famous Covers suit to fit a Gymnastic Skipper body I found at good Will that I use from time to time to make "teen" figures (goto my figures and check out my Stargirl and Wondergirl). I had to literally dig out the neck and replant a new head base/neck made from sculptey and an old pen cap so Toad's head wouldn't sink into his shoulders and make him look neckless. That was the hard task.

Then I created the purple lilly pad looking thing around his neck along with his custom booties I made from the same material. I wanted to keep Toad closer to the comicbooks. He has had so many incarnations and since the X-Men movie, they are now making him appear more like the character from the movie, which is sad.

Here he is....The evil mutant, "TOAD"

Tada!
    MAMMY!

"Get off my head you insect"
    (fart)

Last edited by Cosmicman; Sep 21, '08, 2:09 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

that's actually really cool man
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

He is rather toad like. I like him. I also think it would suck to have his mutant powers. They aren't really all that appealing.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

very mego esque ( the head kind of creeps me out). reminds me of what mego should have done with mr myx.

Comment

• QDOGG
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 13, 2007

That is some really funny stuff! I'm always a sucker for a big head on a little body Tha picture were he is kneeling he should be singing "mammy!"

Comment

• Alberto Malnati
            low tech animal
            • Nov 30, 2002

Nice one Wrattie, i did toad a couple of years ago using an hulk head on a fat body...that head rocks!
            BIRD LIVES!!!
            ciao Al

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Very cool, Cat
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MegoMonk
                Career Member
                • Jan 22, 2007

Hey Cat,

Have you posted any closeups of Mystique? I wanted to make a Mystique using that FC head like you did.
                theToad looks good. I did something similar. FCs make great custom fodder.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                  Hey Cat,

Have you posted any closeups of Mystique? I wanted to make a Mystique using that FC head like you did.
                  theToad looks good. I did something similar. FCs make great custom fodder.
                  PMed you.
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎