Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Warehouse Mystery Solved… Or Is It?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • censy
    thread killer
    • Sep 26, 2007

Great job guys. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Chris

Comment

• daffy213
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 3, 2003

Thanks for sharing guys it is a pretty cool story.
      I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own....

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

The funny thing is, what if you did find an unopened Mego case in some dusty corner? What could you do? They wouldn't just let you walk out with it. After talking with you guys, the warehouse manager would know it was worth money.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
          Museum Chaplain
          • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
          The funny thing is, what if you did find an unopened Mego case in some dusty corner? What could you do? They wouldn't just let you walk out with it. After talking with you guys, the warehouse manager would know it was worth money.
          We both brought suitcases full of cash with us for just such a contingency...but sadly we never got to use it so I put mine back under my mattress.

Actually, I guess we would just sell it and throw a pizza party for the new warehouse staff.....after we documented it properly for the Museum of course.
          "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Nice suits, guys! Those pictures are so fantastic. What a great adventure. How crazy are we that we thrill to something so completely mundane? The paneling, the concrete, the shelves...

Do the Manhatten offices still exist?
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
              Museum Chaplain
              • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by MegoScott
              Nice suits, guys! Those pictures are so fantastic. What a great adventure. How crazy are we that we thrill to something so completely mundane? The paneling, the concrete, the shelves...

Do the Manhatten offices still exist?

That's a great question. They're still there but it being Manhattan where a lot of leases are 5 years or less I can only imagine how many tenants have been in those buildings since 1982. Also, not only would you need the address which I think we have or can get...but you would need the exact floor and suites. Interesting idea....Bill, you ready to go out again? LOL
              "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Sure...well, if anything, maybe some pictures of the outside, or find the deli or diner that's been there since the 60's that you just know Neal and Marty would've ordered from....
                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                  Museum Chaplain
                  • Nov 26, 2002

You know...I actually have a lot of real estate contacts in Manhattan....I just never thought of it. I'll tackle this and report back.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                    Mego Preservation Society
                    • May 2, 2003

Great pics and story. Another chapter in the history of Mego.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• toystalker
                      none
                      • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by LOU
                      This is a great pictoral story!!! Really awesome thread! I can imagine both of you guys peeking down every aisle looking for the familiar "M" logo on a box! Can you imagine finding some dusty, old box of carded Megos...untouched since the day they were packed for shipment?!

i sure can ...

its a very exiting moment for sure

i suppose im one of the rare few

finding a dusty box of any old toy is a buzz and a half

ive found rotj carded action figures, motu carded figures, wgsh moc to say the least lol

very exiting

great story by the way, ive never been to usa or canada as yet, but trust me ill find something there, normally its right under your noses
                      Last edited by toystalker; Sep 11, '08, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• goldenryan
                        coy member
                        • Jul 13, 2007

a building that size fulled with megos (everyday) think about that before you bid big money on ebay. i imagine a character like sups or spidey was made maybe 350,000 over. less popular heroes like green arrow or ironman maybe 100,000? i'm sure aleast 15,-18,000 are in mint shape today.
                        Last edited by goldenryan; Sep 11, '08, 4:27 PM.

Comment

• Seeker
                          Neptunians RULE!
                          • Feb 20, 2008

And just think there was rumored that there was a whole pallet of boxes on that fork lift when they walled it up.

Maybe Geraldo can do a special on Breaking into the Mego vault.

Gentlemen bring the pick axes.
                          Lo there do I see my Father.
                          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                          Lo they do call me.
                          They bid me take my place among them.
                          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• sauce
                            Removed
                            • Jun 24, 2007

just simply fantastic! thanks for sharing your adventure, guys! WOW!
                            i'm dreaming, like the rest of you, of what lurks in the tunnel . . . . .

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

i'm dreaming, like the rest of you, of what lurks in the tunnel . . . . .
                              Probably a rat with a little corner of a superman cape hanging out of his mouth
                              It's all good!

Comment

• saildog
                                Permanent Member
                                • Apr 9, 2006

Awesome, guys!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm sure most of us would like to have gone along with you.

Nice call on wearing suits. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, a suit gives you instant cred.

Did you refer to each other as Mr. Pink and Mr. Brown?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎