Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Tropic Thunder trumps the Star Wars toon

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Tropic Thunder is also getting solid reviews:

Tropic Thunder Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

They say Robert Downey is downright hilarious...I want to see it bad, lol.

Clone Wars reviews not soo good:

The Clone Wars Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

No big surprise there.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

As a long time fan of the original Star Wars saga I have to say that The Clone Wars does not look all that appealing to me either. IMO Maybe it will take some time to grow on me?
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Don't matter. Batman will kick both of their butts.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

wow Stepbrothers is by $87 mil?!? I gotta tell you I saw it and was hilarious
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mawni
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 11, 2007

I saw that Star Wars movie on Friday and it was actually not bad. My kids really liked it and it was obviously geared toward them. The music and the action sequences were really well done.

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

I just got back from seeing Clone Wars. My 9 year old was dying to see it, so we went. I felt like I was watching someone else play a video game. Lots of action, but so much that is was almost boring. Very little plot.

It was okay for what it was, but it's more suited to a Saturday morning cartoon than it is the big screen.

Comment

• kept back
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 2, 2002

I gotta admit I'm a little more interested in Vicki Christina Barcelona. If you put Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansenn in a flick making out, I'll be there ma.
                Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• darklord1967
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2008

I thought Clone Wars was brilliant. It was an engaging, fun and fast-paced story, that had humor, suspense, drama, and a whole lotta action that you'd come to expect in a STAR WARS story set during the turbulent times of the Clone Wars.

The "road picture" plotline was an interesting twist with Anakin Skywalker depicted in the most unlikely (if unexpected) of roles.

All throughout the Original Trilogy of STAR WARS films, we heard about the historic Clone Wars that Luke's Father and Obi-Wan fought in. Now that we are seeing them, they do NOT disappoint.

The openning 10 minutes of this film alone truly put the "Wars" into STAR WARS. This film boasts some of the most impressive battles and visual effects set pieces of the STAR WARS saga.

The audience I saw the film with on opening night applauded appreciatively during the closing credits.

I won't get into a huge monologue defending the supposed "stiff, wooden acting in the prequels".

Nor will I go into a long diatribe about how the acting and dialogue in the OT is every bit as "corny" or "stilted" as it is in the Prequels, and that Lucas is just maintaining a consistent storytelling style within that universe.

I've gotten drawn into THAT debate more times than I care to count.

Suffice it to say that I think It's such a shame that our cynical, modern age has made it so fashionable to trash George Lucas and cast him in the role of some sort of money-grubbing Lucifer as he produces more stories set in this "... galaxy far, far away..."

Most of these attacks have come from 40 year old men who are angry at Lucas for not making them feel the way they did back in 1977 when they were 9 years old and saw A NEW HOPE for the first time. They are, of course, forgetting that at its core, STAR WARS is basically for children... or for the child that may still be alive inside of us... if we let it be.

It's NOT intended for cynical adults, and it NEVER has been.

Meanwhile, each sucessive STAR WARS offering continues to present something new, innovative, and exciting in the world of filmmaking, special effects, animation, and or video games.

I think this world would be A LOT duller for young people without Geroge Lucas' work.

The Clone Wars is the latest offering in a bright, shining, dazzling career.
                  I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

I totally want to see Tropic Thunder. It looks so Funny. Robert Downey JR has definately gone Full circle in his career. He's the Man.
                    V~2074

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I posted about this in the Sci-Fi forum thread on Clone Wars, but I saw it today, and I enjoyed it more than the Prequels (I will give some props to Episode III, it had some good moments). The son loved it, and I liked it quite a bit. I've paid to see films that were far worse. I didn't find it much more "juvenile" than the original Star Wars films.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by darklord1967
                        I thought Clone Wars was brilliant. It was an engaging, fun and fast-paced story, that had humor, suspense, drama, and a whole lotta action that you'd come to expect in a STAR WARS story set during the turbulent times of the Clone Wars.

The "road picture" plotline was an interesting twist with Anakin Skywalker depicted in the most unlikely (if unexpected) of roles.

All throughout the Original Trilogy of STAR WARS films, we heard about the historic Clone Wars that Luke's Father and Obi-Wan fought in. Now that we are seeing them, they do NOT disappoint.

The openning 10 minutes of this film alone truly put the "Wars" into STAR WARS. This film boasts some of the most impressive battles and visual effects set pieces of the STAR WARS saga.

The audience I saw the film with on opening night applauded appreciatively during the closing credits.

I won't get into a huge monologue defending the supposed "stiff, wooden acting in the prequels".

Nor will I go into a long diatribe about how the acting and dialogue in the OT is every bit as "corny" or "stilted" as it is in the Prequels, and that Lucas is just maintaining a consistent storytelling style within that universe.

I've gotten drawn into THAT debate more times than I care to count.

Suffice it to say that I think It's such a shame that our cynical, modern age has made it so fashionable to trash George Lucas and cast him in the role of some sort of money-grubbing Lucifer as he produces more stories set in this "... galaxy far, far away..."

Most of these attacks have come from 40 year old men who are angry at Lucas for not making them feel the way they did back in 1977 when they were 9 years old and saw A NEW HOPE for the first time.
                        That's exactly what I thought about the criticisms of The Phantom Menace (which I enjoyed more than most). That when it is all boiled down, the fanboys were mad that is was not made for them but for a more juvenile audience. That being said I might see this but will most likely wait for DVD.

[email protected]

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

thanks guys for the feedback!!

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I went to see Pineapple Express (hilarious flick)...and then I snucked in to see Clones.

I'm sorry, I walked out...it has nothing to do with loosing your childhood...I love animated feature films, everything from Pixar is gold...the last one I saw was WALL-E...it was a WONDERFUL film, beautifully rendered, great story, with characters that you cared about (and they were robots for crying out loud).

But Clones? Sorry, it was mediocre at best...nothing to do with being too grown up...it just wasn't very good.

My humble opinion of course.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

I've loved all the Star Wars flicks...every one of them. I've thought all 6 have told a cohesive, flowing story.

I can't wait to see Clone Wars with my 3 boys. I just want to sit back and lose myself for about an hour and a half as I live again in the Star Wars universe...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎