Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collect 'em all!
    Wannabe Toys R Us Kid
    • Jun 14, 2008

It really depends on the movie or character. All of the 70's pen poster sets are getting to be pretty impossible to turn up, so the prices can be a lot higher than you'd expect.

I'd say that you can compare the prices these sell for--to about as much as some of the NM loose WGSH figures cost, only these babies are way, way harder to find for sale.
    sigpic CAPTURED: 1976 King Kong Pen-a-Poster Art Kit by Craft Master
    That 70's Kong Found and brought in by my wife, Pamela. I love ya, honey! Mego Talk - View Single Post - King Kong Anyone??

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

As an after thought to this thread. I went searching through a bunch of boxes in storage today and found the box cover, instruction sheet, the two towers, jet, and Kong himself from the Mego model kit. All I need to do now is find the base and the girl and It is complete!
      It's all good!

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

re

Collect 'em all!,
        congratulations on finally ending your 30 year search. You should buy the wife a new car! It is very nice to see this Kong collectible once again

Now if you can just find the king kong "presto magic" set
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Collect 'em all!
          Wannabe Toys R Us Kid
          • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by mazinz
          Collect 'em all!,
          congratulations on finally ending your 30 year search. You should buy the wife a new car! It is very nice to see this Kong collectible once again

Now if you can just find the king kong "presto magic" set
          Thanks! She agrees with you on getting her a new car!

Presto Magic? Oh don't do this to me. Do you mean the colorforms set? I know about that, but I don't think I remember a King Kong Presto Magic!?!
          sigpic CAPTURED: 1976 King Kong Pen-a-Poster Art Kit by Craft Master
          That 70's Kong Found and brought in by my wife, Pamela. I love ya, honey! Mego Talk - View Single Post - King Kong Anyone??

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

ewww i hate to do this to you.....
            Around the time of presto magic, there was a king kong set that although did NOT have the presto magic name it was the same thing just on a bigger scale.

The set came in a small box and it was (if memory serves correct) a picture of the WTC. The Kong transfers were big (picture a whole sheet of presto magic for one item). I saw this once at Zayres, but the box was opened and partially missing items which is why I did not get it. However I could swear that in one back issue of Famous monsters (or similar mag) they did offer the set for sale, which means I might have to go digging through them if you do not find the info first--
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎