Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP Update: Hall of Justice Detention Cell with trap door. Too many pics.

Hey, that looks great. Reminds of the Gotham City map in the Batcave from the 66 series
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Images
    Blog Entries
    YouTube - Trap door!

Trap door works!
    This profile is no longer active.

That is insane. So cool!

I love how interactive these displaysets are getting. They're almost...playsets now.

Images
    Scott, this is brilliant. I love the stately manor and am very tempted but the HOJ is just beyond cool. I would have died for this as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by MegoScott View Post
    YouTube - Trap door!

Trap door works!

Cool I want one to go with my HOJ set.

Images
    Fantastic, really enjoy seeing the WIP pictures too!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. To finish this up and move on to the finished product:

Here's a close up of my solution to the trap door. I cut a slot in a plastic angle bracket and it slides back and forth on a rivet. I built a loop into the door so you just pull it back and it drops. I had to add a metal weight to the underside so it falls fast enough to catch the figure. I also shortened the door so when the figure falls he lands past the door and you can still raise it back into place.

Here's all the various jail cell parts before snapping them together.

For the disaster scene viewer I riveted plastic tracks to the side walls to hold the disaster artwork in place for a nice wraparound display.

I wanted the roof of this box to open easily, so I removed the snap tabs on one side and added an angle track that slips over the wall to hold it closed. I like the radar dish artwork here--how else to get the transmission from the scene of the disaster?

Here's all the parts unassembled. I built a little stage using pizza box plastic stands as legs and then added a stick-on battery operated light to illuminate the scene.

That's it, this has been fun. Check out the finished product in Finished Customs.
    This profile is no longer active.