Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTA Treehouse vs. AJ Treehouse - Any Differences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Maverick
    • Apr 18, 2007

POTA Treehouse vs. AJ Treehouse - Any Differences?

I am just wondering if there are any differences in the 2 treehouses, other than accessories. The reason I ask is I have several parts to one. I am pretty sure it is for the AJ version as I also found a rope ladder and the Zulu Shield in the same box. However i am wondering if the structure parts for the POTA version are the same or did they use a slightly different color plastic? I am thinking about posting them in the marketplace but I wanted to be sure I was properly representing them first. Any Help?
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

The main difference is in the vinyl floor and roof. AJ's jungle house has vinyl that's yellow and has a woven mat pattern printed onto it. The Apes' treehouse is solid tan.

As far as accessories go, AJ got the better deal; his treehouse came with a cage, dopey miniature gorilla, shield, painted spear, microscope, telescope, and a hanging wall that matches the floor and roof. The pistol on his weapons table also had the grips painted black. The Apes' treehouse had none of those, but it had a jail cell, capture net and pole, and an examination table that the AJ version lacked. Both had a rope ladder, hidden radio, weapons bench, and idol.

This is off the top of my head, so I might be forgetting something.

Comment

• rchatlin
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 24, 2001

AJ Jungle House

POTA Treehouse

r
      o
      b

Comment

• Mego Maverick
        • Apr 18, 2007

I didn't realize that the POTA Treehouse came with the Rope ladder? As for anything else I was just mainly concerned that one may have used a different shade of brown for the plastic pieces. (ie one darker than the other) which would make exchanging parts more difficult. I just would not want to sell some a part for their POTA treehouse and then they get it and it is darker brown than the rest of their set.

Comment

• ABMAC
          User
          • May 16, 2002

The plastic frame is identical on both, but Mego also used the molds to make a tomato red frame for Dinah-mite's beach house and the molds were used in the '90s to make a dark brown troll fortress.

Comment

• megozilla13
            Persistent Member
            • May 10, 2002

Any pictures of the troll fortress? I've never seen it.

The brown platic parts of the treehouse came in many different shades of brown. It would be impossile to say which was AJ and which was ape. from the ones that have gone through my hands, I'd say the AJ treehouse parts are a darker brown and the apes more of a milk chocolate. I haven't seen enough of them to say that is always true.

mikej
            WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• ABMAC
              User
              • May 16, 2002

Comment

• Mego Maverick
                • Apr 18, 2007

Thanks for the info guys. Well if anybody needs any parts for your Treehouse I will be posting what I have to the Marketplace later today.

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by ABMAC
                  Now that is something I never knew about. Very cool Ant.

Comment

• lepage
                    The Ape General
                    • Aug 12, 2001

I have had several ape treehouses over the years and clearly remember the one I had from childhood. It came with the rope ladder but strangely enough, the instructions sheet doesnt show it!?
                    That playset is awesome. Trolls!? Is there photos of the troll figures?

Comment

• Mego Maverick
                      • Apr 18, 2007

OK since many of you recall the rope ladder with the POTA treehouse as well, how often do you find loose or opened boxed versions with it today?

Also was the Zulu Shield ever used with anything other than the AJ Treehouse?

I am staring to believe my parts are indeed from the POTA version as I have also found the 3 guns and 3 bats still sealed.

Comment

• ABMAC
                        User
                        • May 16, 2002

I don't think I've ever bought a complete or incomplete treehouse, jungle house, or beach house that didn't have the rope ladder.

The shield also came with AJ's Lost Continent playset.

Comment

• The Sentry
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 3, 2007

Totally cool! Thanks Ant!
                          sigpic
                          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ABMAC
                            A troll fortress? Wow, cool. What kinda of art was used on the walls? You woudn't happen to have detailed pics, would you?
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ABMAC
                              User
                              • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
                              A troll fortress? Wow, cool. What kinda of art was used on the walls? You woudn't happen to have detailed pics, would you?
                              This is the only picture I have, unfortunately.

I found out about these in the mid-'90s from a friend who bought one from Toys Я Us to display his Mego apes on. I felt bad for him, so I helped him find a real Mego treehouse and never really looked at the troll fortress.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎