X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by darklord1967
    So very true. But inadequate 3D print technology, plus one economic recession in 2007, followed by serious illness that forced me to stop customizing for 5 years, plus a global pandemic resulting in more economic difficulties... all put a serious cramp in speedy progress on this! ����
    No worries man, I'm sure it will be worth it when it's all finished. Lord knows I've got projects that have stalled for similar reasons through the years. On the plus side, in the long slog through this, as you mentioned, advancements in technology have come along that may end up making this better than you originally imagined! Tally ho!

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

Custom 1966 Batmobile UPDATE 6/30/22:

Nearly the ENTIRE Interior Cabin Frame Assembly of my custom 1966 Batmobile is now complete and 3D printed. Printed parts Include:

Interior Cabin Floor Pan - Plastic 3D printed
      Seat Backing Cradles- Plastic 3D printed and chrome plated
      Seat Cushions- Molded and Cast in soft foam Rubber
      Foot Pedal Panel-plastic 3D printed
      Rear Deck Top Panel -plastic 3D printed
      Main Dashboard- plastic 3D printed
      Detect-A-Scope -plastic 3D printed
      Mobile Bat-Phone Base-plastic 3D printed
      Mobile Bat-Phone Receiver -plastic 3D printed
      Mobile Bat Phone Cradle- plastic 3D printed
      Center Console- plastic 3D printing
      Cabin Service Light-clear resin 3D printing
      Fire Extinguisher Mount Panel- silver metal cast
      Fire Extinguisher- plastic 3D printed
      Center Shift Panel
      ”T”-Shift Lever- silver metal cast
      Top Antlers-plastic 3D printed
      Antler Warning Light Bezels Red Tinted Clear Resin 3D-printed

Last edited by darklord1967; Jul 1, '21, 12:07 AM.
      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

Quite impressive. A true labor of love, and I look forward to seeing that pull out of the Batcave, after you build that, too.

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by rykerw1701
          Quite impressive. A true labor of love, and I look forward to seeing that pull out of the Batcave, after you build that, too.

It’s going to be quite the thing, I can tell you that!

But I will admit it is NOT going to be 100% accurate in at least one regard:

The turntable this Batmobile will stage from will be within a COMIC BOOK STYLE BATCAVE. So expect the Atomic Pile and Batpoles Shaft to be REPLACED by a Mechanical T-Rex, Giant Penny, and winding staircase up to Wayne Manor!
          Last edited by darklord1967; Jul 2, '21, 3:12 PM.

Comment

• DougJr
            • Nov 2, 2021

This is fantastic!! I just got the old style mego Batmoblie in and yeah, instead of being based on the Lincoln Futura, they obviously based it on the Mini Cooper or perhaps the MG Midget, lol. I'd do what you're doing except for the fact I'm pretty much broke.......no talent......etc, lol I do want to mock up a Wayne Manor/Batcave on one end of my hobby room though

Comment

• darklord1967
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by DougJr
              I do want to mock up a Wayne Manor/Batcave on one end of my hobby room though
              I’ve been building a Wayne Manor study/ BATCAVE for the last five years now, Dougjr. And I can tell you definitely that the condition of being broke is every bit as much of a obstacle to successfully pull off a major playset / diorama as it is for taking on a Batmobile project. LOL!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by darklord1967
                I’ve been building a Wayne Manor study/ BATCAVE for the last five years now, Dougjr. And I can tell you definitely that the condition of being broke is every bit as much of a obstacle to successfully pull off a major playset / diorama as it is for taking on a Batmobile project. LOL!
                Bookcase Mid shoot.jpg

The is a shot of the Wayne Manor study from a stopmotion project I've been working on forever. The set was a bear to make. Balsa wood, foamcore, molding clay, modified Barbie furniture and of course parts from the Batman '66 accessory set. It's not 100% accurate, I took some liberties and added in some fun stuff for my own amusement. This shot still shows the animate rig on Dick which is edited out of the actual video. There's also a Batcave set completed I'll finish shooting in this winter.
                Last edited by rykerw1701; Nov 4, '21, 8:23 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

That looks pretty neat, I can hear Bruce shouting, “To the Batpoles”

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎