Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 611161920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a 1966 BATMOBILE for 8 inch MEGO Batman

Images
    I was sure you must have thought about it... and the answer did not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    I was sure you must have thought about it... and the answer did not disappoint.

"Oh, we strive for satisfaction, sir!"

- The Joker to Commodore Schmidlapp in Batman: The Movie (1966)
    I... am an action figure customizer

CLEANING UP / RE-SCULPTING REAR QUARTER PANELS.

The Batmobile's signature rear quarters feature a pair of dramatic, bat-scalloped tailfins, and a continuation of the car's prominent mid-line ledge.

Just like the 3D printed front hood clip, the rear quarter panels were very rough and badly warped.

I performed a considerable amount of smoothing, re-sculpting, and even scratch building in order to get the quarter panels to a suitable state.

The defining lines of the bat tailfins, previously muddy, warped, and virtually non-existant, were re-sculpted to be clean, straight, and razor sharp.

I saw no point in wasting time trying to clean, smooth and straigten the badly warped midline ledge nor the wheel well flare. So it was all carefully cut off the rear quarter panel to make room for scratch building them!

I left behind a continuous straight line indication for the position of the new midline ledge that will be scratch built.

I also sharpened and pointed all the bat scallops which were previously muddy, and I smoothed the top deck of the quarter panel appropriately

Last edited by darklord1967; May 30, '16 at 6:22 AM.

Totally amazing!

Using styrene sheet and Milliput sculpting putty (man, do I love that stuff), I scratch-built the car's new straight and sharp midline ledge and wheel well fender flares.

Last edited by darklord1967; May 30, '16 at 1:59 AM.

Love it!!

Images
    Me want even if unpainted!!!!!!

Some fun parts that i have developed for the batmobile are now arriving, just in time for me to demonstrate them at MEGO MEET!!!

Here is the 3D printed siren beacon cage that I developed as an accurate renderng of the original cage featured on the car back in 1966...

And here is the sheet of photo etched real metal parts that will be featured on the toy. A LOT of research went into making these parts as accurate as possible... even the brick-like grid pattern of the grille mesh!

holy cow!

Totally bat-tastic!!