• William Vafai
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 14, 2017

Nice job. I like the the all the details

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 22, 2018

Very cool realization of the cool (yet lacking) original Mego Batman Batmobile!
      ^^^ ^^^
      https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

There are parts of this 1966 Batmobile project that I am 3D rendering and then 3D printing for the highest possible detail and precision fit, during final construction.

As with ALL aspects of this car, these rendered parts are very carefully researched for the ultimate in accuracy.

These are the 3D renders I just completed of the BATMOBILE'S DASHBOARD INSTRUMENTATION, featuring an accurately detailed rendering of Robin's dash-mounted Detect-A Scope Device.
        This is the dashboard as it appeared during the 1966 Batman Movie and the 2nd season of the TV series

The areas of open cavity, (like the closed-circuit TV monitor in the dash's open compartment or Robin's Detect A Scope) will have transparent faces installed on them with transparency slide graphics that will be backlit with internal miniature lighting.

I was NOT crazy enough to render this dashboard with working rolltop compartments. I rendered the two most important compartments open and left the other three closed.

The smoothness and clarity of detail on the final 3D printed dashboard left me stunned!

Last edited by darklord1967; Dec 8, '19, 6:28 PM.
        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

awesome!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

That's super cool!

Comment

• darklord1967
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

I forgot to mention that the prominent flat dome-like rendering on the top dash, above the steering wheel hub, will be opened up as a cavity also.

That object is meant to represent the directional COMPASS that the Batmobile features.

On my custom car, the clear dome lens and compass graphic underneath will be featured.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I wish I had this much detailed info on the Toei Spider Machine.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• darklord1967
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2008

3-D prints of The Batmobile’s interior cabin seating were delivered today.

I’m quite happy with them.

It was a bit complicated for me to accurately 3D render the Batmobile’s full bucket seat assemblies using a small collection of 50 year old reference photos.

But I managed to successfully create very accurate separate renderings of the backing cradle frame and the main seat cushion components that together make up the bucket seat assembly.

Both objects were 3D printed in very high resolution.

The 2 backing cradle frames were printed in polished steel. They will next be sent out to be electrostatic chrome-plated.

The main seat and backrest cushion portion was printed as a textured SLA plastic. It will now be sent out to be molded and re-cast as cushiony foam latex castings.

I intentionally printed the cushion portion of these seats with some texture because I wanted that texture to translate over to the final foam latex castings to simulate fine leather texture grain.

When assembled together, seat cushion and backing cradle look pretty nice!

This custom toy BATMOBILE is going to be quite heavy! The steel Backing cradle frames each seem to weigh about as much as a full can of soda!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

You...
                    Are...
                    Insane!!!
                    Mad, mad, mad!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

The amount of detail here is so incredible. I almost think the FTC figures are going to look silly when placed inside such an elaborate replica.

Comment

• NastyNoah
                        • Nov 20, 2019

This is insane! What modeling program are you using to design parts in?

Comment

• darklord1967
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2008

Yes. I agree. This is all pretty insane.

I AM pretty insane. LOL! 😜😎

I use 3D CAD to create workable files for 3D Printing of the final parts

I also use Adobe Photoshop for creating patterns for flat parts.
                          Last edited by darklord1967; Nov 29, '19, 7:49 PM.

Comment

• darklord1967
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2008

Approximately three months of VERY careful reference research and 3D rendering.

I have now completed a Working Interior Cabin for the 1966 Batmobile, ready to 3D print!

The cockpit is made up 16 individuals parts. The interior floor will be laminated with a patterned, pre-cut, adhesive velvet paper to simulate carpeting.

All pathways for electrical wiring (for lighting) have been carefully configured onto the backsides of appropriate parts.

3D-printed Seat Cushion sculpt is currently undergoing molding and casting into spongy black polyurethane finals.

Hardware for fire extinguisher bracket, pull rings for drag parachutes, and seat belts will all be final additions to the assembled cockpit cabin

COMING NEXT: Steering Linkage / Suspension/ and Undercarriage.

Last edited by darklord1967; Nov 24, '20, 4:48 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Looking awesome!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 13, 2009

Blows me away everytime. I'm fully expecting to see a 3D rendering of a working internal combustion engine to power it at some point!

Great work as always!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎