X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldenryan
    coy member
    • Jul 13, 2007

1976 dc pepsi glasses

does anyone on here collect the dc pepsi or 7-11 marvel glasses?
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

I picked up a Supergirl one ... I want to get more, but ebay freaks me out ... I can see paying for a glass only to have it end up breaking during shipping due to poor packing.

I mostly like just picking up any of those promo glasses from the 70's and early 80's

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

I love the '76 glasses ~ I like the later ones more, i.e., like the Green Lantern glasses. The later version was MUCH cooler than the original standard version. I love the Teen Titans on the plastic 7-11 glasses, but wish they would have been on the glass glasses.

When ever I actually 'think' about it, I usually check eBay for them.. NEVER had a problem with shipping. If I did have a breakage problem, I'd return the glass, request full reimbursement, or slam the seller mercilessly if they refused..

Like mentioned, I've purchased Trek, Galactica, superhero glasses, never had a problem.

Blessings,

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Got ''em all (plastic DC, Marvel, both series and all the glass ones too) except the reverse color WW glass. Even have a few of the Federal Marvel glasses. Great fun to collect!
        Last edited by Marvelmania; Jul 9, '08, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• goldenryan
          coy member
          • Jul 13, 2007

yeah, green lantern and green arrow are tough to find. the federal marvel glasses fatch good $$ . spiderwoman just sold on ebay for over $500. thor,hulk,capt and spidey go for $40-70 .

Comment

• spaceace35
            Career Member
            • Feb 1, 2008

would like to get the batgirl glasses and cups
            Rockin Rebels

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

My dad used to have the Robin one. No idea what he did with it.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Lately the Federal Thor, Spiderman, Cap and Hulk glasses have been well over $100 each. While Spiderwoman has gone high the norm is around $250-$300. As far as the Pepsi DC glasses the Moon Green Lantern and Moon Joker are on the highest end of the set at around $30 - $50 but you never know once a bidding war gets staerted
                I've been into collectable drinking glasses since the mid 80's. There are some nice rare superhero prototypes out there if you know what you're looking for.
                Last edited by Marvelmania; Jul 10, '08, 7:33 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I've been SLOWLY building a DC Pepsi glass selection...since 1978! My older cousin picked me up the round bottomed variant Superman and Batman glasses from Pizza Hut when they came out, and my foresighted Mom put them away for me. Years later I began to assemble a collection at flea markets and antique malls, although they were usually around $40 so I passed on the pricey ones. Once again ebay proved the ultimate equalizer and proved the supply for these is great, so if you're patient you can usually get them for under $20. Personally, I haven't had one come in broken yet.

I now have them all except GL and Penguin from the first series and the regular shaped Batman and reversed colored WW from the 2nd series.

I've never had any of the Slurpee cups. With no 7-11s in the area, the nostalgia just isn't there.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• RG
                    Removed.
                    • Oct 1, 2004

after hearing the luck you all have had with ebay ... I might give it a try. I figure most sellers would pack good ... I just figure with my luck I'd get the guy who ships by using an envelope

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

after hearing the luck you all have had with ebay ... I might give it a try. I figure most sellers would pack good ... I just figure with my luck I'd get the guy who ships by using an envelope
                      It does happen Russ. I won an auction for a glass Wonder Woman ceiling light fixture cover. My wife collects WW, and it was to be a Christmas present for her. When it arrived, just days before Christmas, it was shattered into a million pieces. So I had to go to plan B...

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• twilitezoner
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by RussG
                        I have won a few glasses over the years and have never received any of them damaged. I guess like anything else, check their feedback from others to see how well their items are packed.

Comment

• spaceace35
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 1, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          It does happen Russ. I won an auction for a glass Wonder Woman ceiling light fixture cover. My wife collects WW, and it was to be a Christmas present for her. When it arrived, just days before Christmas, it was shattered into a million pieces. So I had to go to plan B...

Chris

boy thats gotta suck especially where it was a gift
                          Rockin Rebels

Comment

• david_b
                            Never had enough toys..
                            • May 9, 2008

Now that I think of it, there were a couple of nice web sites out there with complete collections, etc. I'd check. I've seen the Captain America and FF glasses, but haven't been in the mood to collect them lately. Come to think of it, I still have those mid-80s foursome of Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman and Darkseid cups (the figure's the cup's handle..), stored away mint in the basement. I'll have to put them up for bid sometime soon.. Nice cups.

david_b
                            Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I have a complete set of the moon glasses. Green Lantern, Batgirl and Riddler were the toughest ones for me to find. I've started to buy duplicates to actually use. The last one I found was Shazam at a flea market for $2.

I have a complete set of the other DC glasses but I don't if they are all round bottom or not as they are all packed away.

I'd like to get the Marvel ones and the Super Powers set too.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎