X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

My 1st Custom "Bulked Up" Body!

Hey Guy's...this is My first Body using Custom bulked up Parts! I had a heck of a time trying to string Him together...so that He was posable, and His Arms weren't straight out from His Body. But, with a little help from My Friends(Type3tpys, BlackKnight, & Megospidey...THANKS Guys!)He finally is a working posable Figure! I used John's method of stringing the Limbs independently...and adding a Dowel thru the Chest, to tie the rest of the Body together.

Hollow Cast Chest & Arms by Blackkyptonite...Jim Lee Nightwing Head by Repoheads.

Note* This is a Picture of the Body before the Chest Dowel was drilled...I'm waiting for the Putty to dry.
    Last edited by The Bat; Jul 8, '08, 7:39 PM.
    sigpic
  • spiderrogue
    new mego-er
    • Feb 3, 2008

sweeettt....

Comment

• bobbait
      What, me worry?
      • Jun 9, 2005

looks good but you need to bulk up his legs or he will look disproprtioned.
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by bobbait
        looks good but you need to bulk up his legs or he will look disproprtioned.

Thanks Guys! However Bob...I have to disgree with You about the legs. I've seen a lot of BlackKnight's Customs where He doesn't bulk up the Legs...only the Top half...and I've never thought.."gee, that doesn't look right"?

Plus...I plan to use plastic Boots...and not Boot Feet.
        sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

That turned out really, really nice. I may attempt something like that down the road once I've built up some other skills first. I like the big body/little legs thing and here's why...

Once you put a suit on him, it will even out. Nightwing/Dick Grayson is an acrobat. They have huge upper body strength and limber legs. Look at most pro wrestlers. YOu think those guys spend any time in the gym working on their quads? They pretty much work only the show muscles, which you've highlighted. If HHH worked out his quads and laid off the roids, he would have had an extra two years back on his career.

Excellent work.

Scott
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Certainly looks good..
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

I like beefed up legs for some customs; regular for others. It all depends upon the character.

Looking good Dane - I'm not up on my DC characters enough to comment one way or another on whether he is proportionally correct or not. What you done so far is looking sharp however!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Looks good, but I personally don't think I would've used a "bulked up" torso for Nightwing...as far as strength and muscle go, he's not one of the power hitters of the DC Universe.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Customslab

looking good now go make the suit lol

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Thats what I've been waiting for!!!! Finally The Hush head has made its appearance on the Buff Bod. It looks as nice as I thought it would. I threw mine together and posted a pic of him a while back and was waiting for someone who knew what they were doing to do it better/right. Nightwing deserves the buff bod look and it looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product. Lets get cracking I don't want to have to wait till tomorrow to see the finished product.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

I cant wait to see the hands. I wanted to use a splayed open hand and a large closed fist, just haven't completed the project. Also I can't wait to see someone paint the head correctly. Mine looks washed out....kinda bummed me out, but it was my first try.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                        Looks good, but I personally don't think I would've used a "bulked up" torso for Nightwing...as far as strength and muscle go, he's not one of the power hitters of the DC Universe.
                        I gotta go with Anthony on this one. Altough the body certainly looks good, I wouldn't have used it for Nightwing myself. Batman yes, Nightwing no.
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 18, 2007

I'd have to say wait till you see him with his costume on and you will reconsider. This is not your Fathers Robin. When the Bat went down with the broken back, and Nightwing filled in for him, nobody said Bats looked like he had lost a few pounds.......Ladies and Gentleman Dick Greyson is all Growed up now.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Yeah, he's grown up, but he's no body builder
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                              MeGoing
                              • May 14, 2003

I really like him and I really like that the legs are not bulked up too.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎