X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Logans Run

I just watched Logans Run again for the first time in about 20 years. That movie still rocks!! My 11 year old son watched it with me and it had him fascinated. He recently watched the Whole Planet of the Apes series and really enjoyed it. He wanted to know why they screwed the new movie up, after watching the old series. LOL

The kids got good taste!!

So when are we gonna see a New Logans Run?
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Is that ANOTHER 11 year old who will fall in love with Jenny Agatter?
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Cats -------- You know, they've each got three names. Yes. The naming of cats is a difficult matter, It's just not one of your holiday games; You may think at first that I am mad as a hatter, When I tell you that each cat's got three different names. See, they got their ordinary name and then they got their fancy name. And that makes two names, doesn't it? And now it's got a third name. Can either of you two guess what that third name is? Come on! Above and beyond, there's one name that's left over, and this is the name you never will guess. The name that no human research can discover, but the cat itself knows, and never will confess

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
        I was NEVER here!
        • Jun 22, 2008

AHHHH. . . .it was "An American Werewolf in London" that did it for me and Jenny!!! Yummy!

As a teenager she did a very racy skinny dipping/washing naked scene in a movie (Australian) called "Walkabout", where her father decides to expire his 2 children (J.A. and a younger brother). The insane father is played by the actor who played Ranger Hammond - Sonny's Dad in Skippy. Boring movie. . .but it was of its time. . . . the 70's.
        Last edited by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM; Jun 28, '08, 3:58 PM.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

I remember Walkabout well...lol....she even got her knickers off in the railway children...lol
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah i watched it for the 1st time in about 15 years last year and I loved it just as much as the 1st time I saw it
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hotfoot
              Dazed and Confused
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail

So when are we gonna see a New Logans Run?

Supposedly 2010 if it does not get delayed again

Logan's Run (2010)

''Logan's Run'' remake back on track | Logan's Run | News Roundup | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly

Logan's Run Remake Screenplay | Movie Blog | UGO.com
              Last edited by Hotfoot; Jun 28, '08, 5:54 PM.
              Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• garagesale
                Dept. of Mego Studies
                • Aug 8, 2006

My son watched POTA last summer when he was 11 and had the exact same reaction to the new one.

I've wondered whether he would like Logan's Run. Funny thing is, I was just in Ft. Worth, TX at the Water Gardens day before yesterday and I was telling the kids how it was the site for the final scene of the movie. They did not seem all that interested! Maybe I should try it out on both kids.

As far a remake, I would love to see that, but I sort of feel like they did a great take on LR with the Dick/Spielberg opus Minority Report a few years back. It seems I heard that Spielberg used the "cover" of filming a remake of LR to keep the security tight on MR. Boy, I hope they do remake it. And I hope they don't screw it up like POTA and Rollerball!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

I'm probably in the minority on this board, but I just don't get the big thing about LOGAN'S RUN... I find it pretty boring most of the time...

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by apes3978
                    I'm probably in the minority on this board, but I just don't get the big thing about LOGAN'S RUN... I find it pretty boring most of the time...
                    For me,
                    Logan's Run was a movie that really had to grow on me ........

When I seen it new in the theatre --- at around 11 years old, to me -- it didn't have enough action .... I seen it at a drive-in and I was more worried about eating the drive-in burgers

As I got older, I appreciated it a lot more .......

In a way, Logan's Run is very much like Space 1999 ...

If you're too young when you watch it, chances are you won't get it.

I miss that in most of todays movies -- where everything is written so a 3 year old can understand it.
                    Last edited by Mikey; Jun 28, '08, 8:17 PM.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by apes3978
                      You must be talking about the novel the movie is great

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

It became a very significant film when I was 29....jeeze i couldn't get that damn thing out of my hand...

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

When I first saw Logan's Run, I didn't really like it that much. But something about the idea of the story (which is different in the book) kept drawing me back. I watched it again and again and over time, it grew on me. Now it's one of my favorite scifi movies. Some of my favorite parts are...

1- The fact that the city computer will basically sentence Logan to death in an effort to find sanctuary.

2 - Logan starts out with the intention of completing the task that the computer assigned him and over time realizes that he doesn't want to die. It's fun for me to try and spot the moment that he decides he really is running.

3 - I like the difference in the two main Sandmen. Logan questions things. Francis doesn't. Logan thinks that maybe the way things are is wrong. and Francis doesn't even think about it. Logan realizes that the Lifeclocks have no power outside the city, and yet when Francis sees it, he refuses to believe his own eyes.

4 - Jessica is hot.

Just a few things I like about the movie. If you want a different slant on the story, read the books. Logan's Run, Logan's World, Logan's Search, and the ebook Logan's Return.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Rather than begin a new thread, I resurrected this older thread on Logan’s Run. The movie is available on Netflix right now and since it’s been twenty years or better since I’ve seen it, I thought I’d revisit this classic.

Though the miniature effects are pretty dated, many of the other effects hold up fine. Then again, I’m a proponent of practical effects anyway for reasons that probably have more to do with sentimentality than suspension of belief.

I enjoyed the story more this time than I remembered enjoying it twenty years ago, and much more than when I was younger still. Like it was said before, this isn’t a Star Wars kind of sci-fi... though it still has a fair share of action. It’s a more cerebral film for sure.

One thought struck me this time as I rewatched... how cool it would have been if when Logan and Jessica emerged into the outside world, if they were greeted by the world of the Planet of the Apes (or better yet, Kamandi), or Mad Max, or one of the other post-apocalyptic worlds. I guess a modern day equivalent might be the Cloverfield stuff or the way the Unbreakable/Split/Glass movies have evolved.

I kept thinking of how mind-blowing it would have been to see Logan and Jessica make their way to a beach and to see the sunken Statue of Liberty about the same time as Charlton Heston and Nova on the same beach.

That should have been a Marvel What If? comic book....

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by YoungOnce

One thought struck me this time as I rewatched... how cool it would have been if when Logan and Jessica emerged into the outside world, if they were greeted by the world of the Planet of the Apes (or better yet, Kamandi), or Mad Max, or one of the other post-apocalyptic worlds. I guess a modern day equivalent might be the Cloverfield stuff or the way the Unbreakable/Split/Glass movies have evolved.
                              The Logan's Run TV series is kinda like your wish.

Basically they ride across the country every week meeting new strange civilizations --- with bad guy Francis hot on their trail

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎