Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Still love the movie and the TV series. The novel is cool too... lots of concepts and sequences in there that didn't make it into the film adaptation.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Still a classic!
      sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

This movie still deserves an action figure line.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by YoungOnce
          Rather than begin a new thread, I resurrected this older thread on Logan’s Run. The movie is available on Netflix right now and since it’s been twenty years or better since I’ve seen it, I thought I’d revisit this classic.

Though the miniature effects are pretty dated, many of the other effects hold up fine. Then again, I’m a proponent of practical effects anyway for reasons that probably have more to do with sentimentality than suspension of belief.

I enjoyed the story more this time than I remembered enjoying it twenty years ago, and much more than when I was younger still. Like it was said before, this isn’t a Star Wars kind of sci-fi... though it still has a fair share of action. It’s a more cerebral film for sure.

One thought struck me this time as I rewatched... how cool it would have been if when Logan and Jessica emerged into the outside world, if they were greeted by the world of the Planet of the Apes (or better yet, Kamandi), or Mad Max, or one of the other post-apocalyptic worlds. I guess a modern day equivalent might be the Cloverfield stuff or the way the Unbreakable/Split/Glass movies have evolved.

I kept thinking of how mind-blowing it would have been to see Logan and Jessica make their way to a beach and to see the sunken Statue of Liberty about the same time as Charlton Heston and Nova on the same beach.

That should have been a Marvel What If? comic book....
          I found this picture on Google, must be from the series.

CCC.

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by LordMudd
            I found this picture on Google, must be from the series.

CCC.
            Looks like Amazon has the series on dvd for about 33 bucks... I’m still trying to decide if I would enjoy the series... the movie tied everything up in a satisfactory way. Sometimes a new addition to the story just diminishes the original story ([I]cough cough[I] Last Jedi cough cough.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i was just thinking about looking for the series and buying it. I don't think I have ever seen the tv series

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                i was just thinking about looking for the series and buying it. I don't think I have ever seen the tv series
                I might be the minority here but I loved the series even more so than the movie(and I love the movie) (Feel the same way about the Apes TV show as well). Good stories from a lot of Star Trek veterans. Great theme music (have the soundtrack!) wonderful actors for the characters. Just tons of goodness to love. If CBS had really given it a chance I think it would have gotten even better as it went on. Still hoping Mego will do the figures from the show.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I really enjoy the series, too. I'd love some Logan's Run Megos!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• callistofreak
                    Who stole my stuff !!!
                    • Jul 1, 2006

I just watched a two part Six Million Dollar Man with Jenny Agutter.
                    It was really good. I forgot what a good actress she is.
                    Deadly Countdown 9/25/77 about a year after Logan's Run. I think??
                    sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

^ --- and of course, An American Werewolf in London

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 8, 2015

The movie was good, but the TV series BLOWS it away! For me

REM was the reason, you had this"Android" father figure tagging along for the ride who made it all worthwhile. Sad part was it did not get renewed for a second season, and it would have been nice if they DID find SANCTUARY.

so now we will never know....

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                          • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                          The movie was good, but the TV series BLOWS it away! For me

REM was the reason, you had this"Android" father figure tagging along for the ride who made it all worthwhile. Sad part was it did not get renewed for a second season, and it would have been nice if they DID find SANCTUARY.

so now we will never know....
                          Amen! I did read somewhere that if the series had continued, Francis would have started to realize that he was being used and would have joined up with Logan,Jessica and Rem. This series had so much potential. And I too hope that Mego releases the series figures. I think that the Mego diehards alone would make them profitable. They could consider doing them as exclusives somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎