Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yeah i had a huge carded collection of about 70 of them,sold them for like $4000 like 4 years ago to buy a car,cause some ****** with no insurance crashed into me .It was a great collection man,potf,Rotj,Esb you name it.Including a dead mint Boba fett with desert scene that was case fresh,Paid $320 for that one alone in 2000
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

I have a nice collection of all of the Star Wars figures from 78-81 loose and some of ESB and ROTJ as well. I have repro cards for the original 12, the falcon, land speeder, dewback and tie fighter. I also have all of the figures released in the 90's that appeared in episode IV. I think a few more things too.
      Most of my vintage stuff I bought when I was a kid. I did buy a few vintage things in the 90's.

Comment

• Laparka
        • Jun 12, 2007

Star Wars AFA Big Jim's P.A.C.K.

I have a complete set of loose vintage Star Wars figures. I also have a ton of variations. At one time I had every play set and vehicle in a box, not sealed, just in a box. I have since sold that collection and just kept the figures. Over time I have bought some vehicles back here and there, but not all. I recently started sending figures to AFA. I have a love-hate relationship for them. When you get your figures back they look awesome and are pretty much protected for life. But, they are terrible in the fact that they are slow and make mistakes a lot. Has anyone else dealt with them? I have two AFA prizes, a mailer Boba Fett that came back an 85 and a sealed Early Bird Envelope that is also an 85. They display great and I can't damage them now that they are in plastic. That's good for me. Does anyone collect Big Jim's P.A.C.K.? If so, does anyone have any extra parts?
        sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by draconianguard
          Vintage SW is one of my all time favorite toy lines. I've lately been focusing on Megos, but still pick up certain SW pieces.

In thw immortal word sof Jeff Spicolli...
          "Awesome, totally awesome!"

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

cool,I thought I was the only nut with an arcade machine in my toy room
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I had some of the original 3 3/4" and 12" figures but sold them eons ago. I think about the only Star Wars I'd get now would be DaveMC's SW customs. I think they are so cool and so mego-esque.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

I'm sooo burnt out on SW it isn't even funny!!

I used to have all 100 of the vintage figures loose, most them C9, I got in the early 90's carded and opened them up.

I traded most of them to Brians toys for a MR replica Snowspeeder model. I only have the first 21 backs mint loose left now from my childhood that I plan to keep. I had a ton of new stuff and I sold most of that to Brians Toys, other forums, and on eBay.

I only have a couple hundred loose figures left to sell.

The only things of SW I collect now are the 3 3/4" and 12" VOTC figures that are on the vintage looking cards and boxes. They are the only SW products that catch my eye or desire.

Lynn

Comment

• vaze
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 25, 2005

I also have quite a nice collection of loose figs/vehicles from the original 1977 run.

Have not bought any new stuff for quite a while.
                  I used to love the chase, getting up early on a Sat or Sun, depending on the market and sifting around in the boxes beneath the tables. That was where all the best buys were to be had, long before the prices started to rise.

Now with ebay the buzz of the hunt is not quite the same for me.
                  Not that I don't use ebay for some of my collecting addictions

Oooo nearly forgot the big collection New Star Wars Mint and Boxed tucked away in the cupboard from the 80s and 90s really must sort them out.
                  Last edited by vaze; Jun 23, '07, 6:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎