Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonkers head
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 25, 2007

You can count me in as an avid Star Wars collector ,have all the loose set and many variations and about 50 vintage carded figures mostly on empire and jedi cards ,lots of vintage boxed vehicles ,nearly all the red cards ,green cards that kenner originally re-released ,missing a few Phantom menace figures on card ,not had a lot of luck on Ebay recently . Nearly there with the attack of the clones figures and then there's the revenge of the sith still got quite a lot to get but keep plugging away at it .Never bothered with the expanded universe Yet !!And just getting in to the Saga figures ,but where does it all end ,Kenner just keep rehashing every figure over and over . Still love Mego`s though just got back in to collecting the figures again after 10 years

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

honestly Im all over the place, my collection really needs to be upgraded big time, but I just cant, how can I buy Star Wars when there is Mego to be had!
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by highquality
        You need 15" IG-88, Dave.
        I intend to pick one up...eventually.

Comment

• steelcouch
          Career Member
          • Feb 11, 2006

Ive been a collector of star wars evers since I was a kid. Have the whole entire collection loose and had all the ships but sold them all and now seem to be buying them again a little at a time. Was really satisfied just to have a loose one in any condition but since Ive upgraded alot of my megos started upgrading alot of the star wars figures I had. Ive started to dabble a little in the carded figures. Picked up a lot of carded figures at a recent toy show for $10 and $5 each (empire and ewoks). Also started dabbling into the ewok line and the droids line. Im also all over the place with megos and star wars and captain action and micronauts and six million dollar man. Could go on and on with the ands. I need to concentrate on one line but so close to completing alot of my lines that I start another one just for the hunt. Didnt know I was addicted to ebay till I went on vacation and had little to none of the internet. Ive recently have withdrawn a little from the ebay ways.

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by bonkers head
            And just getting in to the Saga figures ,but where does it all end ,Kenner just keep rehashing every figure over and over
            It never ever ends! Now that the 30th Anniversary Reissues (aka Legends) have started to appear (got 9 out of 10 already) and this years UGHs with gold coins on the way, and all the exclusive McQuarries....(personally I'm holding out for a McQuarrie Concept Jar Jar Binks)
            Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• draconianguard
              #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
              • Mar 12, 2004

Vintage SW is one of my all time favorite toy lines. I've lately been focusing on Megos, but still pick up certain SW pieces.

Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Man, the pix on these pages are killin' me!

Vintage Star Wars is my favorite line along with the WGSH Mego
                8 inch and CAH stuff

Just great guys---keep up the great work!
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I dabble in the weakest sense, mostly loose figures from childhood and the odd boxed item. Some would call my collection lame and they would be right.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I dabble in the weakest sense, mostly loose figures from childhood and the odd boxed item. Some would call my collection lame and they would be right.

Yep, same here really. I have the first (vintage) 21 or so all in good condition loose, and then I have about 10 moc, but no really high end ones. I'd love to continue with them but I had sold off a fair amount of my vintage moc figures several years back when I got a divorce (I had closer to 35 or 40 moc at the time ) so it's hard to get motivated to get them again, especially since the prices on some of them have gone up considerably compared to when I first got them.

I was collecting the newer ones from 1995 through 2001 pretty consistently, but it got to be too much, and I have lost interest in the new ones except for picking up the odd figure or vehicle here or there if it really catches my eye.

I have alot of the newer (1995 and on) 12" figures as well. I'm a bit more fond of those than the 3-3/4" ones. I used to have almost all of the vintage 12" figures but again I sold those off after the divorce *sigh*

Well this has thoroughly depressed me now haha oh well, I have my Megos!

And that's a fantastic collection you have Draconianguard! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

• The Sentry
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 3, 2007

Nice Dekkard! Nice Piper! Nice Indiana Jones! Jesus! Nice everything! Good show!
                      sigpic
                      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

wow DG that looks awesome man
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
                          Removed.
                          • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by draconianguard
                          Vintage SW is one of my all time favorite toy lines. I've lately been focusing on Megos, but still pick up certain SW pieces.

very cool! I think I saw your collection over on Rebelscum ... jaw dropping I love your proof cards especially the farmboy Luke

Comment

• lepage
                            The Ape General
                            • Aug 12, 2001

I just need yak face, pop up sabre r2, and the blue snagletooth. I had a mamoth star wars collection years ago with every single newer figure that came out. I had sold it all but just stick to vintage right now.

Comment

• megomonkey
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 24, 2002

I have a few stragglers, nothing "good", but I have been pricing a few on ebay recently. I''m intrigued by all the cool new custom ones I'm seeing.

That 100$ Vlix repro really caught my eye. What the hell is that exactly? A cast, or a sculpt? Cool anyway.

I've told the story a million times, but I remember a fall day in 1990, going to a local Toys R Us for a birthday gift, and in the front there were 3 HUGE bins of Droids and Ewoks figures for ----gasp------FIFTY CENTS APIECE!

I thought, "cool those are similar to the ones I had as a kid", and walked away. If I had spent 40 bucks there that day, I could have bought a car with the profits. Ah Vellll.

Comment

• Sowth
                                Career Member
                                • Mar 14, 2006

Vintage Star Wars is what got me into collecting back around 1990.

I recently upgraded my loose set for the first time in about 10 years with a bunch of figures from Rob C here on the forum Marketplace, nice stuff Rob has/had!

I had *lots* of vintage Star Wars MOC at one time but sold most of it about 5 years ago, just kept the Australian Toltoys items, and that's still my focus today (see my sig).

I recognise a couple of you guys (Russ, Drac Guard) from over at RS too, good to see some cross pollination with Megoland :-)

Cheers!
                                Will
                                Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎